ASPNET Account Lockout with WebService

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by binder, Dec 19, 2006.

  1. binder

    binder Guest

    I have a Win 2003 server with IIS 6.
    I have a webservice that is trying to copy a file from one local
    directory to another local directory on the server.

    I'm getting this error when trying to copy the file from the temp dir
    to the warehouse path on the IIS 6 server

    System.IO.IOException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
    password.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String
    maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String
    destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName)

    I'm a little confused about the failure I'm seeing here.

    After my initial round of attempts to move a file, the ASPNET machine
    account was locked out.

    I had to go into the user properties and clear the account lockout.

    I found entries in the Security event log that show login attempts
    failing for ASPNET user.

    That tells me that we are not dealing with a directory permissions
    issue since I gave ASPNET full access to my source and target
    directories.

    It seems like ASPNET machine account is being asked to login when
    trying to access the warehouse.

    I don't know if it is a password issue or ...?

    binder, Dec 19, 2006