aspnet account

Alex

Hi,

I have been developing on my local computer and everything was going fine,
however I tried to use the "copy project" to copy the project to a file
share on another machine in the same domain and was denied access.
I am thinking that this is because the local aspnet account on my machine
does not have rights to the file share on the other machine.

Now this has brought up a slightly inteesting point which I would like some
opinions on please.

we have may machines running in our building all on the same domain. we have
asp.net running on the majority of them. the installs of these from the dot
net frame work have all been default ones so I am assuming that they are all
running off their own local aspnet user account.

Is it a good policy to set up a domain account for the aspnet user and
change the <procressmodel> directive of each machines "machine.config" to
use this domain user?? I guess that I may have to do this for copy project
to work!!!

I am also having trouble creating projects on remote machines and feel that
this may be part of the same issue.

I look forward to any advice or feedback.

cheers

Alex.