ASPNET Proper Permission

Guest

Hi, ran into problem when ever I debug an aspx page.
Things run fine before I install a few security updates (don't remember what
they were). OS running Win2K Server (demoded, non domain controller), VS.Net
2003 SP1

The error message says:
Class 'CLSID_CorSymWriter_SxS' could not be created: Class not registered

Don't think it is really a class not being registered issue as it works fine
if I grant "administrator" privilege to the ASPNET account.
Followed instructions on following articles but still not correcting the
problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271071/
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317012

Some articles suggest running aspnet_regiis -i
Will that correct permission issues?

Any suggestions highly appreciated.

JIMCO Software

Raymond said:
Hi, ran into problem when ever I debug an aspx page.
Things run fine before I install a few security updates (don't
remember what they were). OS running Win2K Server (demoded, non
domain controller), VS.Net 2003 SP1

The error message says:
Class 'CLSID_CorSymWriter_SxS' could not be created: Class not
registered

Don't think it is really a class not being registered issue as it
works fine if I grant "administrator" privilege to the ASPNET
account.

Is that component installed in COM+?

--
Jim Cheshire
JIMCO Software

FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003

JIMCO Software

Raymond said:
Hi, ran into problem when ever I debug an aspx page.
Things run fine before I install a few security updates (don't
remember what they were). OS running Win2K Server (demoded, non
domain controller), VS.Net 2003 SP1

The error message says:
Class 'CLSID_CorSymWriter_SxS' could not be created: Class not
registered

Here's why I asked my previous question:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;909444

--
Jim Cheshire
JIMCO Software
http://www.jimcosoftware.com

FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003

Guest

To be honest, I don't know...
Someone mentioned that this class is is used by the low-level debugging tools

Guest

This page helps!!
It works after I granted "everyone" read permission to the suggested folder.
Gee....the other article from MS say delete "everyone" from all folders....

Great!! Thanks a lot!!

Ray

JIMCO Software

Raymond said:
This page helps!!
It works after I granted "everyone" read permission to the suggested
folder. Gee....the other article from MS say delete "everyone" from
all folders....

Great!! Thanks a lot!!

No problem. What happened is that MS05-051 removed the ability for your COM
component to access the COM+ shared memory block. Therefore, you have to go
to the COM+ catalog. By default, Everyone does have permission, but if you
aren't running with default permissions (and almost no one is), you now have
to grant Everyone access.