aspnet_wp.exe ... stopped unexpectedly when calling COM object using late binding

Rocio

Here I go again.
Some time ago I wrote a VB.NET web service application that called a
COM object written in VB6 using late binding. It was the only way I
could call this object (see my posting in
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]&rnum=1).

The ws app. compiled, and run with no problems. I wrote a web site
that consumed the application, and was happy for this.

Yesterday I needed to open the source code of the ws application, to
add/remove old code that was not being used anymore. Compiled my
application, run it, and it shows me the initial page with access to
the curremt WebMethods I have defined. But when I call any of these
methods, enter its input parameters and click on 'Invoke' I get a
general error message in the browser that tells me to look at the
Application Event Log. The event log shows me the following:

Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
Type: Error
Event ID: 1000

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 3972) stopped unexpectedly.

No more explnations about it.

Any ideas about this?

Today I'm running on a Windox XP Pro SP1, with IIS 5.1.
When I run this WS a year ago, I was in a windows 2000 pro sp4.

Note, that I am able to run normally other ASP.NET applications, and
web service applications that do not call any COM object. When I
debug, the error occurs when the program tries to execute the
statement:

obj = CreateObject("TaxCollBDS.clsSearchTaxNoticeBDS")

where obj has been defined as:
Dim obj As Object

Please your help on this issue will be VERY appreciated.