Axis2 WSDL2Java

ndougla1

When I execute the WSDL2Java command, I get the skeleton code, but the
generated signatures are all void when they shouldn't be. Is this
normal for the code generation, and I just change the signatures as I
need them, or should they have been correctly generated from the WSDL?

Thanks,

Nate

Lew

When I execute the WSDL2Java command, I get the skeleton code, but the
generated signatures are all void when they shouldn't be. Is this
normal for the code generation, and I just change the signatures as I
need them, or should they have been correctly generated from the WSDL?

They should have been generated correctly.

- Lew

ndougla1

Lew,

Thanks for the follow up. I thought they should have generated
correctly, since if I change them, I would have to change the code in
the other generated classes. The following is the command I executed
to generate my skeleton class:

WSDL2Java -uri file.wsdl -ss -sd

I was wondering if there may be a flag I might be missing or could this
be a know bug in a certain build? It continues to happen no matter the
wsdl I execute this command on.

Thanks,

Nate

Lew

Please do not top post.

Lew,

Thanks for the follow up. I thought they should have generated
correctly, since if I change them, I would have to change the code in
the other generated classes. The following is the command I executed
to generate my skeleton class:

WSDL2Java -uri file.wsdl -ss -sd

I was wondering if there may be a flag I might be missing or could this
be a know bug in a certain build? It continues to happen no matter the
wsdl I execute this command on.

<http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1/reference.html#wsdl2code>

It is highly unlikely that it's an Axis bug.

Most likely you need to work on the schema definitions for your message part
types, and you need to fix up the various clauses of the WSDL to accurately
reflect your intended SOAP message structure.

Hard to say more without knowing details like what the intended signatures
are, what you're getting instead and how you're representing them in the XML.
But i would bet a fair sum that it's not an Axis bug without even knowing
these things.

The WSDL gives fairly fine-grained control over generated method signatures,
including argument number and types, return types, exception types, which
packages implement which namespaces, and which exceptions are thrown by which
methods.

I recommend that you focus your attention on schema and WSDL syntax and semantics.

- Lew

epepep

When I execute the WSDL2Java command, I get a lot of excetions caused by
"Element <> not found". I'm using substitutiongroup and abstract type in
my wsdl file, isn't it allowed in axis2?

epepep

When I execute the WSDL2Java command, I get a lot of excetions caused by
"Element <> not found". I'm using substitutiongroup and abstract type in
my wsdl file, isn't it allowed in axis2?

Thanks,
EP