    Thanks,

    Nate
    , Dec 19, 2006

  2. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > When I execute the WSDL2Java command, I get the skeleton code, but the
    > generated signatures are all void when they shouldn't be. Is this
    > normal for the code generation, and I just change the signatures as I
    > need them, or should they have been correctly generated from the WSDL?

    They should have been generated correctly.

    - Lew
    Lew, Dec 20, 2006

    Lew,

    Thanks for the follow up. I thought they should have generated
    correctly, since if I change them, I would have to change the code in
    the other generated classes. The following is the command I executed
    to generate my skeleton class:

    WSDL2Java -uri file.wsdl -ss -sd

    I was wondering if there may be a flag I might be missing or could this
    be a know bug in a certain build? It continues to happen no matter the
    wsdl I execute this command on.

    Thanks,

    Nate

    Lew wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > When I execute the WSDL2Java command, I get the skeleton code, but the
    > > generated signatures are all void when they shouldn't be. Is this
    > > normal for the code generation, and I just change the signatures as I
    > > need them, or should they have been correctly generated from the WSDL?

    > They should have been generated correctly.
    >
    > - Lew
    , Dec 20, 2006
  4. Lew Guest

    Please do not top post.

    wrote:
    > Lew,
    >
    > Thanks for the follow up. I thought they should have generated
    > correctly, since if I change them, I would have to change the code in
    > the other generated classes. The following is the command I executed
    > to generate my skeleton class:
    >
    > WSDL2Java -uri file.wsdl -ss -sd
    >
    > I was wondering if there may be a flag I might be missing or could this
    > be a know bug in a certain build? It continues to happen no matter the
    > wsdl I execute this command on.

    <http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1/reference.html#wsdl2code>

    It is highly unlikely that it's an Axis bug.

    Most likely you need to work on the schema definitions for your message part
    types, and you need to fix up the various clauses of the WSDL to accurately
    reflect your intended SOAP message structure.

    Hard to say more without knowing details like what the intended signatures
    are, what you're getting instead and how you're representing them in the XML.
    But i would bet a fair sum that it's not an Axis bug without even knowing
    these things.

    The WSDL gives fairly fine-grained control over generated method signatures,
    including argument number and types, return types, exception types, which
    packages implement which namespaces, and which exceptions are thrown by which
    methods.

    I recommend that you focus your attention on schema and WSDL syntax and semantics.

    - Lew
    Lew, Dec 20, 2006

    When I execute the WSDL2Java command, I get a lot of excetions caused by
    "Element <> not found". I'm using substitutiongroup and abstract type in
    my wsdl file, isn't it allowed in axis2?
    , Jan 3, 2007