C++ standard document

The Directive

Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C++ standard. (ISO and
ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
to find it.

This is the latest version?

ISO/IEC 14882:2003

It's pretty recent. Are there any compilers that support this latest
version?What new C++ features are planned for the next revision of the
standard?

--The Directive

Jacques Labuschagne

The said:
Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C++ standard. (ISO and
ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
to find it.

You can't get a free (official) version, as far as I know. Any one in a
position to /need/ one can probably afford the $18 USD. :)
This is the latest version?
ISO/IEC 14882:2003
Yes.

It's pretty recent. Are there any compilers that support this latest
version?What new C++ features are planned for the next revision of the
standard?

Comeau C++ is fully conformant, IIRC. Go to
http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/ for a list of
proposed extensions.

HTH,
Jacques

Jonathan Turkanis

BTW, many international standards are much more expensive. Generally
they are not free. We're lucky to have the $18 version.

Jonathan