    version?What new C++ features are planned for the next revision of the
    standard?

    --The Directive
    The Directive, Jan 17, 2004

  2. The Directive wrote:
    > Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C++ standard. (ISO and
    > ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
    > to find it.

    You can't get a free (official) version, as far as I know. Any one in a
    position to /need/ one can probably afford the $18 USD. :)

    > This is the latest version?
    > ISO/IEC 14882:2003

    Yes.

    > It's pretty recent. Are there any compilers that support this latest
    > version?What new C++ features are planned for the next revision of the
    > standard?

    Comeau C++ is fully conformant, IIRC. Go to
    http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/ for a list of
    proposed extensions.

    HTH,
    Jacques
    Jacques Labuschagne, Jan 17, 2004

  3. "The Directive" <> wrote in message
    > Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C++ standard. (ISO

    and
    > ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but

    failed
    > to find it.

    You can get an $18 electronic version at
    http://www.techstreet.com/cgi-bin/detail?product_id=1143945. Beware of
    the pdf on sale at the ANSI store -- it has some problems with
    formatting.

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Turkanis, Jan 17, 2004
  4. "Jonathan Turkanis" <> wrote in message
    > "The Directive" <> wrote in message
    > > Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C++ standard. (ISO

    > and
    > > ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but

    > failed
    > > to find it.

    BTW, many international standards are much more expensive. Generally
    they are not free. We're lucky to have the $18 version.

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Turkanis, Jan 17, 2004
  5. The Directive

    Sumit Rajan Guest

    > Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C++ standard. (ISO and
    > ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
    > to find it.

    There is a link to a "slightly out-of-date draft standard" at the following
    location:
    http://www.research.att.com/~bs/C .html

    Regards,
    Sumit.
    Sumit Rajan, Jan 17, 2004
  6. "Sumit Rajan" <> wrote in message news:<buapes$fa8qj$-berlin.de>...
    > "The Directive" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C++ standard. (ISO and
    > > ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
    > > to find it.

    > There is a link to a "slightly out-of-date draft standard" at the following
    > location:
    > http://www.research.att.com/~bs/C .html

    This link is broken.

    --The Directive

    The Directive, Jan 17, 2004
  7. The Directive

    osmium Guest

    > > "The Directive" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C++ standard. (ISO and
    > > > ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
    > > > to find it.

    > > There is a link to a "slightly out-of-date draft standard" at the

    following
    > > location:
    > > http://www.research.att.com/~bs/C .html

    > This link is broken.