Cannot connect to web service on SSL

Xplicit

I am trying to connect to a bank's web service over SSL and keep getting the
"Could not establish trust relationship with remote server." error from my
ASP.NET page.

They bank's programmer went as far as to give me the exact code for my
ASP.NET page to use on my server. He verified that it works on his test
machine. However, it still produces the same error.

Yes, we are specifying "https" and yes, we are passing credentials properly.
This exact page works for him, but not for my on my server. I've even tried
it on a friend's server that doesn't really have much of a firewall at all.

What gives?

Bill

Dan Rogers

Hi,

I'm going to start by asking whether you have installed a server
certificate (typically level III cert) on your server that roots at an
authority your bank's server recognizes?

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation