Cannot create a asp dot net project

Patrick

I have 2 developper machine running visual studio 2003 and Windows
2000.
On the first machine (Machine A) I may create a new asp project without
problem. On the second (Machine B) I cannot create a new project.
Visual Studo create the project but not the initial files and freezes.

But I may create a new project from Machine A using the web server of
machine B.

I have checked the access rights of both servers, the access rights on
directory wwwroot and inetpub.

Everything seems the same.

Thank you for help

Patrick

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

you already suspected it, i'm just confirming. you need to re-install the
..net package and visual studio. It's better to remove everything and start
from scratch - clean install.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

Patrick

In fact we found a solution: instead of using localhost as the web
server name, we have to use the machine name.

Thank your for your help

Patrick