Cannot create ASP.NET application...

John Sedlak

Hello,

I have installed VS.NET Enterprise, ASP.NET, IIS w/
Windows XP, all Updates from Microsoft's Windows Update
and still I get this error when I try to create an
ASP.NET Application on my local webserver
(http://localhost:8000/ - Port 8000 for specific reasons,
port 80 does not work; I have tried.)

"Microsoft Development Environment
Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the
application. The likeliest problem is that required
components are not installed on the local Web server. Run
Visual Studio .NET setup and add the Web Development
component."

I have clicked help, followed all instructions, made sure
that 'web development' is installed etc. and still it
will not work!

Any ideas? Thank you.

Guest

Yes, hehe I did check that too. I have installed both
IIS and VS.NET on another machine and I think I have
located the problem. I believe I did not set security up
correctly.

Guest

IIS will not start now. I changed security on the
directory, encountered an error, so I reinstalled IIS.
The error still exists. This is what I get when trying
to start IIS:

Unexpected error 0x8ffe2740 occurred.

I guess its on to the knowledge base to look for the
error. Ha.

~John~

John Sedlak

I keep forgetting to fill in my name and e-mail at the
top. Sorry.

Ok, I have found the problem. Apparently when I ran
aspnet_regiis.exe /i or whatever, it did not install it
on my webserver but rather my main drive (I have two
partitions). So I copied the aspnet_regiis.exe and the
whole folder over to my website drive. Ran the program
with /i and still I get the same error.