Cannot debug ASP.NET apps

Scott Adams

Does anyone know of some good resources to use when troubleshooting why one
cannot debug ASP.NET apps? I am using Win2K pro SP4 (IIS 5) on a brand new
machine and I cannot debug even the most simple ASP.NET app on my localhost.
I have read through all kinds of MS KB articles on this issue and checked
out a document on gotdotnet.com titled "howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc" to
no avail. My exact error message when I try to debug is:
"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug
ASP.NET pages for this project?"
I have verified that the proper user accounts are part of the Debuggers user
group. I should also mention that I did change my computer name not too long
ago and I am almost positive that this has affected VS.NET, but I cannot put
my finger on anything specific. I appreciate any helpful comments you can
offer. Thanks in advance.

Scott Adams
~~ not the Dilbert guy ~~
~~ not the creator of the Adventure series ~~

Scott Adams

Does anyone else know of any other resources? I have reviewed this
walkthrough before and it was not successful in resolving my issue. I really
would appreciate other resources! Thanks!