CDO XP IIS 5.1 Error Message

Steven Tisdale

Recently upgraded to an XP pro machine. Moving from CDONTS to CDO. CDO
generates an error message when I try to send a message:

"The event class for this subscription is in an invalid partition "

Here's the code:

set mailer = server.createobject("cdo.message")
Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
With cdoConfig.Fields
.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2
.Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "localhost"
.Update
End With

Set mailer.Configuration = cdoConfig
mailer.subject = this_subject
mailer.from = this_from
mailer.to = this_to
mailer.HtmlBody = "test"
mailer.TextBody = "test"
mailer.send
set mailer = nothing

I only started using the cdoConfig object to change the configuration
because I had a "Send Using" error. I have been all over the Net with no
luck. MSDN provides very little info. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Steven Tisdale

Only number #5 really worked from that article. I got it to work by
specifiying Pickup instead of Port and then pointing it to the pickup
directory. Specifying the pickup directory doesn't feel like the best way to
approach this...any ideas why cdoSendUsingPort wouldn't work?

Thanks for the reply.

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

any ideas why cdoSendUsingPort wouldn't work?

Yes, something with the configuration of your SMTP server.