Change Account from Aspnet

jwgoerlich

Hello group,

I want to setup a series of web services to run under a user account,
rather than the defacto Aspnet account. These web services all are
in .Net 2 and all run under one dedicated app pool. What is the best
way to change the user account that the Asp.net code runs under?

Thanks in advance,

J Wolfgang Goerlich

Juan T. Llibre

Here's a couple of guides to doing that :

"Configuring ASP.NET Process Identity" :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dwc1xthy.aspx

"Process and request identity in ASP.NET" :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317012

After you change the identity, make sure the account you selected to run ASP.NET as,
has sufficient ACLs permissions for the directories listed in this article :

"ASP.NET Required Access Control Lists (ACLs)" :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e(vs.80).aspx