Compiler failed with error code 2000 (VB.Net)

Jack Wright

Dear All,
At some customers we are facing a problem when the user tries to
launch any aspx page from IE. We are getting "Compiler failed with
error code 2000". Is this bcos of some missing resource?
I read in the newgroup that said:
1. Re-install IIS ( I applied Windows 2000 SP3 after that)
2. Register Aspnet_isapi.dll as described in Q306005.
At this point the problem should have been fixed. I applied the .net
framework sp2 again and everything seems to be fine now.

Is this the only workaround? Why is it happening after a deployment?

Please help

TALIA
Many Regards
Jack

Jack Wright

Dear All,
Can someone from MS answer this please? We are facing severe
problems bcos of this. We are using .Net 1.0 and IIS 5.1 in
Windows-XP. My Clients are in a real frustrated mood. How do I dig
into the cause of the problem? Please help...

Many Regards
Jack

Jack Wright

Dear All,
Can this error come up bcos of some error in the code? How can I
track these errors? I looked up trace.axd, but all it gave me was
"ErrorCode 500" Server Error. Can someone thow somelight into this
problem?

Please help

TALIA
Many Regards
Jack

Jack Wright

Dear All,
One more Observation I made was that the length of the Virtual Name
of the directory where the deployment is should not exceed more than 8
characters. What is the maximum length of the Virtual name in IIS?

Please help

TALIA
Many Regards
Jack

Jack Wright

Dear All,
I changed <NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation> in the registry to <1>
but I still get the compliation error if the length is greater than 8.
Is there some other solution? I am suprised no one is replying to this
mail.
Also the solution given in this newsgroup of reinstalling IIS is not a
proper solution. We cannot keep on doing this on the client side. Has
MS confirmed this as a bug? I guess this is a VBC bug which has been
solved in .Net 1.1.
I have gone thru a lot of pain to find a solution to this problem and
MS has not given any hints about this error...

Many Regards
Jack