    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to this directory.

    However I could locate Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll. Actually I could
    not find any DLL under the directory tree created by the install program.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?=, Jun 27, 2005

  2. you have to build it using the batch file included with the download

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

    [Shameless Author Plug]
    Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon.com etc

    Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET], Jun 28, 2005

  3. Hi Charts,

    As Alvin has mentioned, you need to build those source file first, which is
    in the "src" sub folder. Also, you should be able to found a build.bat file
    which do the build task, however, be careful that you need to execute the
    build.bat under the Visual studio.net's commandline window (which has
    automatically set some necessary environment variables).

    After build, you'll get a "build" sub folder which should contains the dll
    file.

    Please feel free to let me know if you still meet any problem.

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 28, 2005
  4. Hi Steven,
    How do open Visual studio.net's commandline window? I did run build.bat
    under windows command line window. It generated “build†directory but still
    no dll files. I also executed SDKVars.bat file located in the
    systemroot\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v1.1\Bin directory to set up net path
    environment, but I still do not have dlls. Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Charts

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?=, Jun 29, 2005
  5. I have posted a similar solution here before..
    Charts the problem here is that u have referenced the control but u
    haven't installed the scripts correctly that RUN the tabstrip,treeview
    etc..
    Try this:-
    To build the IE Web Controls:

    1. Make sure you have installed the .NET Framework SDK v1.0 or v1.1
    2. Run Build.bat, which will create a build folder in this directory.
    The build folder contains Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll and a
    Runtime directory of supporting files.

    To run the IE Web Controls:

    1. Copy the contents of the Runtime directory to the webctrl_client\1_0
    directory under your top-level site directory. For example, if your
    site root is c:\Inetpub\wwwroot, type this at the command prompt:

    xcopy /s /i .\build\Runtime c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1_0 /y

    This will create the following directory structure under the site:

    /webctrl_client/1_0
    MultiPage.htc
    TabStrip.htc
    toolbar.htc
    treeview.htc
    webservice.htc
    webserviced.htc
    [images]
    [treeimages]

    2. Create a new web application in IIS and copy the contents of the
    samples directory to this application directory. For example:

    xcopy /s /i .\samples c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sampleapp /y

    3. Create a /bin subdirectory for the application and copy the file
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to this directory.

    The contents of the application will be as follows:

    /sampleapp
    multipage.aspx
    state_city.xml
    tabstrip.aspx
    toolbar.aspx
    treeview.aspx
    treeview_bound.aspx
    /bin
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll

    4. Request the sample pages from your Internet Explorer web browser, for
    example: http://localhost/sampleapp/multipage.aspx

    For additional documentation and samples visit:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/webcontrols/
    webcontrols_entry.asp

    Hope this helps
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Jun 30, 2005
  6. Hi Charts,

    Yes, when not using the VS.NET's command line window, the normal commind
    line can't find the proper environment variables such as the C# or VB.NET's
    comipler path(csc.exe, vbc.exe...). You can go through the following steps
    open the VS.NET's command windows:

    start menu---->All Programs----> Microsoft Visual studio.NET 2003 --->
    Visual studio.NET tools----> Visual Studio.NET 2003 Command Prompt.

    That's just it. Hope helps. Thanks,

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 30, 2005
  7. DLLs showed up after I ran the build.bat under VS.NET command windows.
    Thanks so much!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?=, Jun 30, 2005
  8. You're welcome :)

    Have a nice day!

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 1, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?=

    karthik_k_83 Guest

    hello all,

    I installed Microsoft Internet Explorer WebControls Version 1.0 to us
    TREEVIEW control in VS.NET 2003.
    After installed,i got Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll in buil
    directory.Upto this is OK.

    I have to use this control in my webPart library projects(A projec
    for creating Web Part controls to use in SharePoint Web applications).
    added the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll in bin directory and build m
    project.

    It shows the following error

    Assembly generation failed -- Referenced assembl
    'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' does not have a strong name

    Then i checked in gacutil,there is no suc
    controls('Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' ).
    As given in the installation procedure this has to be added in th
    GAC.

    I tried to add in the GAC but it asks for STRONG NAME.

    what could be the problem....please help me ...........

    Regards,

    KARTHICK.K

    --
    karthik_k_83Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces