css & frames & internet explorer 6.x

Safran von Twesla

Hello,

I'm used to develop my webpages under Mozilla. But sometimes I have to
use IE. When a customer wants to :-(

Well, I have following problem: I have a frameset. It looks like IE
doesn't read the external style-sheets to format the different
frames... is that a known bug?
Under Mozilla, the webpage looks really normal, as I formatted it and
under IE, there is NO formatting.

I have set the doctype to:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">

Well, if someone wants to try the difference, please send an email to
elektrik[NOSPAM]@gmx[NOSPAM].de after removing all [NOSPAM] and I'll
send the URL..

Thanx for any help

SvT

PeterMcC

Hello,

I'm used to develop my webpages under Mozilla. But sometimes I have to
use IE. When a customer wants to :-(

Well, I have following problem: I have a frameset. It looks like IE
doesn't read the external style-sheets to format the different
frames... is that a known bug?
Under Mozilla, the webpage looks really normal, as I formatted it and
under IE, there is NO formatting.

I have set the doctype to:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">

Well, if someone wants to try the difference, please send an email to
elektrik[NOSPAM]@gmx[NOSPAM].de after removing all [NOSPAM] and I'll
send the URL..

Can you not post the URL here?

Safran von Twesla

Hello,

I'm used to develop my webpages under Mozilla. But sometimes I have to
use IE. When a customer wants to :-(

Well, I have following problem: I have a frameset. It looks like IE
doesn't read the external style-sheets to format the different
frames... is that a known bug?
Under Mozilla, the webpage looks really normal, as I formatted it and
under IE, there is NO formatting.

I have set the doctype to:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">

Well, if someone wants to try the difference, please send an email to
elektrik[NOSPAM]@gmx[NOSPAM].de after removing all [NOSPAM] and I'll
send the URL..

Can you not post the URL here?

Ok, http://trespassaDOTnoMINUSipDOTorg/janfoth/index.html

PS. don't look for warnings.. the "big" error happens when you klick
twice in a row on the cross. gebäude -> 1x stockwerk -> 2x raum...

;-)

SvT

Safran von Twesla

Well, that doesn't help me much... :-( I've read what there's written,
but nothing about a known IE bug or work-around...
The point is, that I can't put this frameset away, I was not asked to
do that. If it doesn't work, then fine, Mozilla does it right and
because it's supposed to run on intranet... IE sucks!

Thanx anyway

SvT

John C

Well, that doesn't help me much... :-( I've read what there's written,
but nothing about a known IE bug or work-around...
The point is, that I can't put this frameset away, I was not asked to
do that. If it doesn't work, then fine, Mozilla does it right and
because it's supposed to run on intranet... IE sucks!

Looks the same for me in Firebird .7, IE6, and Moz 1.5 However, this:

<link rel =' stylesheet' tyle =' text/css' href =' style/style.css'>

could use a little fixing. I've never had a problem with IE not rendering
external stylesheets for framed pages, bearing in mind each page needs
link to stylesheet, not just the frameset page.