Custom URLs for Cookieless Sessions

Jerad Rose

I have an odd scenario.

I am working on a hybrid site that uses various development platforms,
namely traditional ASP and Lasso (a Mac scripting language). The site uses
its own custom sessions stored in a mySQL database, and state is maintained
through the URL, passing a session GUID in the URL between page calls. For
example:

http://localhost/index.html?-session=42FFA3821db04174BBRxjX1B4B48

I am working on adding a new portion of the site, built in ASP.NET (VB).
I'm aware of .NET's built-in abilities to use cookieless sessions by
embedding the session GUID in the URL, but I need it to be in the form of
the above example, and I need to control the value of the GUID (i.e. custom
cookieless sessions).

Is there a way for me to set my .NET site up so that I can automatically
embed my own session GUID in each URL, using the format above? I'm aware
that I could create my own user control that inherits the HyperLink control,
but this will obviosly not work for normal <a href> tags, or code-behind
redirects. This may be my only option though, but I figured it wouldn't
hurt to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Jerad