delete compiled JSPs

David McDivitt

We use struts in a WebSphere environment. We have JSPs and JSPFs
(fragments). If a fragment is changed one must change the parent JSP,
otherwise the JSP will not be recompiled and changes will not be seen in the
client. When deploying, the server administrator must remember to manually
delete compiled JSPs. When importing a project from source code management,
one must remember to delete compiled JSPs. I wrote a VB program to delete
compiled JSPs when a hotkey is pressed, making it easier, but people
sometimes forget. I made a plug-in which deletes compiled JSPs when the
application starts on the server, and that is the best solution. In the
development environment the plug-in works OK if the server project is in the
same workspace as the application project. The problem is, when deployed, I
do not know how to get the physical path for compiled JSPs. When the init
method is called on the plug-in, it is passed an ActionServlet object and a
ModuleConfig object. I'm hoping something might be there to tell me. Another
idea I have is to put the plug-in in another thread, with a time delay, then
after the application has completely started, hit a special JSP through
internet URL. That JSP would call a class and method back inside the
application to save info, then the same class would be called by the plug-in
to retrieve the info. Is there some way to get the compiled JSP path without
going through this complexity? Thanks