    Is it possible to assume that we can go ahead and develop on IIS 5.1 and
    things will work smoothly in IIS 6.0?

    Any comment will be highly appreciated.

    Smith, Apr 27, 2009

  2. Smith

    Livetecs Guest

    You don't have to worry about deploying your application to IIS6 and IIS7,
    if you are doing your development on IIS5.1. Your application will be able
    to run on IIS 6 and IIS 7 without any problem. Only difference is different
    ways of deploying for different servers.

    Thanks
    Developer: TimeLive
    Time tracking application in just US$ 300 for unlimited users.
    US$ 500 with asp.net source code.
    http://www.livetecs.com/Solution/Timesheet-Software.aspx

    Livetecs, Apr 27, 2009

  3. Smith

    Smith Guest

    >> Hello gurus,
    >>
    >> We are planning to develop our web project on Win XP pro(using IIS v5.1)
    >> and deploy it on IIS 6.0 win2k3 .
    >> For some reasons, we can't use the built web server in VS 2008.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to assume that we can go ahead and develop on IIS 5.1 and
    >> things will work smoothly in IIS 6.0?
    >>
    >> Any comment will be highly appreciated.

    That sounds great!

    Many thanks