    Is it possble to have the INETPUB in another directory apart from the C
    drive so as to have files in another drive?
    Any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Nov 8, 2004

  2. You can work with remote projects in VS.NET, but it is better to develop
    locally (Windows XP Pro with IIS is fine) and deploy to a common server, as
    debug is stuck with one developer at a time.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 9, 2004

  3. So u are advicing to develop locally and later deploy to a common
    server(which i agree)!
    But my question is i want to be able to create web project on IIS on another
    server.
    And on that IIS server the web sites have different IP address allocated to
    them.
    So when i try creating a web project i get the error:-

    Unable to create Web Project 'WebApplication1' the file path does not
    correspond to the URL .The two need to map to the same server location.
    HTTP 404:Object Not found

    Any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Nov 9, 2004