    Can anyone suggest a solution to solve this issue.

    Thanks
    Sura
    Sura, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Sura

    ASM Guest

    Sura wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have designed a simple DHTML menu which comes over a flash animation
    > when it appears. I have set the window mode as transparent in the flash
    > project. This menu is showing fine when seen with IE, Netscape,
    > Firefox. Yet in Opera the menu is going behind the flash animation.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a solution to solve this issue.

    best way is to never use flash ! :-(

    or ... only for what there is any other choice
    (i.e. an automatic demo -> sit and see)

    ASM, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Sura wrote:

    > I have designed a simple DHTML menu which comes over a flash animation
    > when it appears. I have set the window mode as transparent in the flash
    > project. This menu is showing fine when seen with IE, Netscape,
    > Firefox. Yet in Opera the menu is going behind the flash animation.

    I think Opera 8 (only on Win) supports wmode for Flash, earlier versions
    not.
    And as I understand wmode for Flash works only on the Windows platform,
    whatever browser you use, so Firefox users on the Mac or on LINUX for
    instance might still have the problem that the Flash movie sits on top
    of your DHTML menu.
    Thus on the web in general if you expect all kind of users with
    different browsers and different versions of browsers on different
    platforms you can't rely on CSS z-index stacking of normal HTML content
    and Plugin content like Flash content, even if it works with a few
    versions of browsers on some platforms.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Sura

    addi Guest

    addi, Aug 14, 2005
  5. Sura

    Kevin Newman Guest

    That's not entirely accurate. WMode works on other platforms (including
    Mac OS X). But it is still limited in many ways - it only works in
    Safari 1.2+ for example, and on most platforms flash player 6 (r65) is
    required.

    WMode info:
    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14201

    "DHTML Layers" info:
    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15523

    I've never tested this on Linux.

    To answer your actual question - it does look like you are out of luck
    with transparency on most versions of Opera - the latest version 8.02
    does support the transparent mode though.

    Kevin N.

    Kevin Newman, Aug 14, 2005