    Any suggestions on changes needed to get consistent rendering of this page
    with these two browsers?

    Thanks.
    weight watcher, Jun 23, 2005

  2. weight watcher wrote:

    > I just created a page using FrontPage in which the cell borders render the
    > way I wanted when viewed with IE, but render differently/poorly when viewed
    > with Firefox.
    >
    > Here's the link:
    > http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/ click on "catering"
    >
    > Any suggestions on changes needed to get consistent rendering of this page
    > with these two browsers?
    >
    > Thanks.

    style="border-style: solid; border-width: 1"

    Well on quick glance, that's not valid CSS! Man, I hate debugging the
    garbage spewed by FP!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 24, 2005

  3. weight watcher

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, weight watcher
    <> said:

    > I just created a page using FrontPage in which the cell borders render the
    > way I wanted when viewed with IE, but render differently/poorly when viewed
    > with Firefox.

    Chances are Firefox is correct and IE is not.

    > Any suggestions on changes needed to get consistent rendering of this page
    > with these two browsers?

    Ditching FrontPage and starting again would be a good place to begin.
    Use FF as your main test browser, and once the site is looking right
    there[1], check in IE and add workarounds if necessary.

    [1] And in every[2] other browser apart from IE.
    [2] Well, OK - maybe not every browser. You can probably scratch NS4 off
    that list. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jun 24, 2005
  4. Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Well on quick glance, that's not valid CSS! Man, I hate debugging the
    > garbage spewed by FP!

    So don't reply. <Poof> Problem solved.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Jun 24, 2005
  5. Travis Newbury wrote:

    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Well on quick glance, that's not valid CSS! Man, I hate debugging the
    >> garbage spewed by FP!

    > So don't reply. <Poof> Problem solved.

    Except the one error I quickly found, was a valid error. My subsequent
    remark was to express my option on the quality of FP’s code. FP rarely
    makes maintainable code, period. And it is not alone…

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 24, 2005