Different rendering of cell borders between browsers

weight watcher

I just created a page using FrontPage in which the cell borders render the
way I wanted when viewed with IE, but render differently/poorly when viewed
with Firefox.

Here's the link:
http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/ click on "catering"

Any suggestions on changes needed to get consistent rendering of this page
with these two browsers?

Thanks.

Jonathan N. Little

weight said:
I just created a page using FrontPage in which the cell borders render the
way I wanted when viewed with IE, but render differently/poorly when viewed
with Firefox.

Here's the link:
http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/ click on "catering"

Any suggestions on changes needed to get consistent rendering of this page
with these two browsers?

Thanks.
style="border-style: solid; border-width: 1"

Well on quick glance, that's not valid CSS! Man, I hate debugging the
garbage spewed by FP!

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, weight watcher
I just created a page using FrontPage in which the cell borders render the
way I wanted when viewed with IE, but render differently/poorly when viewed
with Firefox.

Chances are Firefox is correct and IE is not.
Any suggestions on changes needed to get consistent rendering of this page
with these two browsers?

Ditching FrontPage and starting again would be a good place to begin.
Use FF as your main test browser, and once the site is looking right
there[1], check in IE and add workarounds if necessary.

[1] And in every[2] other browser apart from IE.
[2] Well, OK - maybe not every browser. You can probably scratch NS4 off
that list. :)

Jonathan N. Little

Travis said:
So don't reply. <Poof> Problem solved.

Except the one error I quickly found, was a valid error. My subsequent
remark was to express my option on the quality of FP’s code. FP rarely
makes maintainable code, period. And it is not alone…