error 8004020F

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by gariboldo, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. gariboldo

    gariboldo Guest

    Have all a nice day,
    I have the following problem:
    I have in my site a page ASP that contains a form and i'm trying to
    send it to an email address with the following script:

    Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
    .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "mail.server"
    .Update
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    With cdoMessage
    Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
    .From = ""
    .To = ""
    .Subject = "xxx"
    .TextBody = "yyy"
    .Send
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set cdoConfig = Nothing

    That work when in the .Item(cdoSMTPServer) i put the mail server of
    the provider which i am connected to (which is not the same of my
    site), but when i put the mailserver of my site i get the error
    8004020F. It seem as my provider don't let pass my messages if i don't
    use his mailserver. I need the form could be send from everywhere,
    what can i do?
    Thanks in advance for the answers
    gariboldo, Feb 2, 2005