Extending Thunderbird mail client with Python

John Bond

Anyone have any experience with this, ideally using Python 3?

I'd like to sync my Thunderbird contacts with various things including
my mobile phone. Of course, I want to do it with Python! I've seen some
stuff around, eg. an XPI that provides Python bindings to the Mozilla
XPCOM APIs (through which I imagine you can access Thunderbird data like
its contacts database), but it doesn't seem maintained or ported to
Python 3.

Cheers, JB

Anssi Saari

John Bond said:
Anyone have any experience with this, ideally using Python 3?

I don't but there is a great need to have a working SyncML client for
Thunderbird. Funambol used to have one available, but it has crashing
problems with Thunderbird 3 for some people. The existing extension
was done in C++.

mixedpuppy

Anyone have any experience with this, ideally using Python 3?

I'd like to sync my Thunderbird contacts with various things including
my mobile phone. Of course, I want to do it with Python! I've seen some
stuff around, eg. an XPI that provides Python bindings to the Mozilla
XPCOM APIs (through which I imagine you can access Thunderbird data like
its contacts database), but it doesn't seem maintained or ported to
Python 3.

Cheers, JB

While this doesn't provide a solution right now...look at
https://mozillalabs.com/messaging/thunderbird-contacts/ and the highly
experimental-working-but-not-yet-right sync addon for thunderbird
(weave-ext and weaver repos) at https://bitbucket.org/mixedpuppy

The sync addon is Firefox sync for thunderbird, not an ability to sync
to your phone (yet).

however, this is all js.

shane