Favicon help

lassiemom98

Hi All
I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox browser
not internet explorer
I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
www.michelesportfolio.net
Thanks
Michele

Jonathan N. Little

Hi All
I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox browser
not internet explorer
I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
www.michelesportfolio.net
Thanks
Michele

because your favicon is located at

http://www.michelesportfolio.net/sunflwfavicon.ico

and not

http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ico

Also IE is MUCH MORE restrictive on favicons format, size, and color
depth and usually requires you to bookmark the page before it will show
the icon.

Tim Greer

Hi All
I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox browser
not internet explorer
I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
www.michelesportfolio.net
Thanks
Michele

You have it set to a path that it doesn't exist in:

~]# HEAD http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ico |
head -1
404 Not Found

You only have it at:

~]# HEAD http://www.michelesportfolio.net/sunflwfavicon.ico | head -1
200 OK

Set it to one single location, probably globally (which is best, unless
you want different one's used in different areas).

Awful Dog Autry

Hi All
I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox
browser
not internet explorer
I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
www.michelesportfolio.net
Thanks
Michele

Here's part of your head

<link rel="shortcut icon"
href="http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ico"> <link
rel="icon"href="http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ic
o"> <link rel="short icon"href="sunflwfavicon.ico">
<link REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="/sunflwfavicon.ico">
well as my art portfolio.> <meta name="keywords" content=" Personalized
Art work on Blank imprintables Sublimation Products for Sale at my
Store area.">

I don't know if you can have 2 "shortcut icon" rel links or not (it
would seem one might supercede the other.) Better to do this

<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

using the "favicon" filename instead of "sunflwfavicon" which may be an
ie thing.