    Thanks
    Michele
    , Feb 28, 2009

  2. wrote:
    > Hi All
    > I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox browser
    > not internet explorer
    > I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
    > any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
    > www.michelesportfolio.net
    > Thanks
    > Michele

    because your favicon is located at

    http://www.michelesportfolio.net/sunflwfavicon.ico

    and not

    http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ico

    Also IE is MUCH MORE restrictive on favicons format, size, and color
    depth and usually requires you to bookmark the page before it will show
    the icon.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 28, 2009

  3. Tim Greer Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi All
    > I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox browser
    > not internet explorer
    > I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
    > any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
    > www.michelesportfolio.net
    > Thanks
    > Michele

    You have it set to a path that it doesn't exist in:

    ~]# HEAD http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ico |
    head -1
    404 Not Found

    You only have it at:

    ~]# HEAD http://www.michelesportfolio.net/sunflwfavicon.ico | head -1
    200 OK

    Set it to one single location, probably globally (which is best, unless
    you want different one's used in different areas).
    Tim Greer, Feb 28, 2009
  4. On 28 Feb 2009, wrote:

    > Hi All
    > I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox
    > browser
    > not internet explorer
    > I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
    > any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
    > www.michelesportfolio.net
    > Thanks
    > Michele

    Here's part of your head

    <link rel="shortcut icon"
    href="http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ico"> <link
    rel="icon"href="http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ic
    o"> <link rel="short icon"href="sunflwfavicon.ico">
    <link REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="/sunflwfavicon.ico">
    well as my art portfolio.> <meta name="keywords" content=" Personalized
    Art work on Blank imprintables Sublimation Products for Sale at my
    Store area.">

    I don't know if you can have 2 "shortcut icon" rel links or not (it
    would seem one might supercede the other.) Better to do this

    <link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

    using the "favicon" filename instead of "sunflwfavicon" which may be an
    ie thing.

    --
    Awful Dog Autry
    Awful Dog Autry, Mar 1, 2009