    synthesis from a VHDL source? I mean, using only the standard range of
    TTL gates and flip-flops, including the decoders, multiplexers, etc. ?
    Jean-Marc

    Jean-Marc Delaplace, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Jean-Marc Delaplace wrote:

    > is there a tool (free if possible) that would do a logic schematic
    > synthesis from a VHDL source? I mean, using only the standard range of
    > TTL gates and flip-flops, including the decoders, multiplexers, etc. ?
    > Jean-Marc

    The quartus RTL viewer might do what you want.
    Have a look at the source and schematics ("object")
    examples here: http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/

    There is a free version on the altera site,
    and it includes the viewers, but I don't
    know if they run unlicensed. Try it and see.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Jean-Marc Delaplace

    Dave Pollum Guest

    Mike Treseler wrote:
    > Jean-Marc Delaplace wrote:
    >
    > > is there a tool (free if possible) that would do a logic schematic
    > > synthesis from a VHDL source? I mean, using only the standard range of
    > > TTL gates and flip-flops, including the decoders, multiplexers, etc. ?
    > > Jean-Marc

    > The quartus RTL viewer might do what you want.
    > Have a look at the source and schematics ("object")
    > examples here: http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/
    >
    > There is a free version on the altera site,
    > and it includes the viewers, but I don't
    > know if they run unlicensed. Try it and see.
    >
    > -- Mike Treseler

    In addition to Altera's Quartus software, Xilinx's ISE Webpack software
    also generates RTL schematics. Webpack is a free download. I think
    you have to register to get it, but you don't need to be a business.
    ISE 8.x is _huge_, so you may want to download ISE 7.1 instead. Even
    though I'm an ISE user, I did like the RTL schematics on Mike's site
    that were made by the Altera software.

    -Dave Pollum

    Dave Pollum, Dec 14, 2006
  4. Mike Treseler a écrit :
    > Jean-Marc Delaplace wrote:
    >
    >> is there a tool (free if possible) that would do a logic schematic
    >> synthesis from a VHDL source? I mean, using only the standard range of
    >> TTL gates and flip-flops, including the decoders, multiplexers, etc. ?
    >> Jean-Marc

    > The quartus RTL viewer might do what you want.
    > Have a look at the source and schematics ("object")
    > examples here: http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/
    >
    > There is a free version on the altera site,
    > and it includes the viewers, but I don't
    > know if they run unlicensed. Try it and see.
    >
    > -- Mike Treseler

    I checked, a license is required to run the RTL viewer.
    Jean-Marc

    Jean-Marc Delaplace, Dec 14, 2006
  5. Jean-Marc Delaplace

    fpgaengineer Guest

    Xilinx offers a 60day evaluation license for the full version AFAIK.

    fpgaengineer, Dec 15, 2006