    after parsing the 'Include' (files)?

    Thanks,

    Arpan

    Arpan, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Arpan

    Steven Burn Guest

    Before

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jul 24, 2005

  3. Arpan

    Arpan Guest

    Thanks, Steven, for the response. So am I correct in saying that the
    order of execution of an ASP page begins with Global.asa followed by
    the "include"s, scripts within the RUNAT=SERVER tag etc...?

    Thanks once again,

    Regards,

    Arpan

    Arpan, Jul 24, 2005
  4. > Thanks, Steven, for the response. So am I correct in saying that the
    > order of execution of an ASP page begins with Global.asa followed by
    > the "include"s, scripts within the RUNAT=SERVER tag etc...?

    I really don't think that global.asa is executed every time an ASP script is
    run. I think it is called when a session or application either starts or
    ends. What do you think global.asa can do for every single web page
    executed during a session?

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 24, 2005
  5. Arpan

    Arpan Guest

    Thanks, Aaron for your input.

    When only a single ASP script is run, doesn't that imply that an
    application has started? In other words, doesn't executing one & only
    one ASP page constitute an apllication? Or is it something like when a
    group of ASP pages get executed, only then it becomes an application? I
    am not sure!

    Thanks once again,

    Regards,

    Arpan

    Arpan, Jul 26, 2005
  6. Arpan

    Patrice Guest

    Global.asa allows to define events that are triggered when appropriate (for
    example when an application start that is when the first page on a site that
    was not previously "running" is hit).

    What are you trying to do ? If this is to put common functions I just use a
    general "page.asp" file that then includes in truns all the pieces I need on
    all pages...

    This way :
    - I only need to include page.asp on all and every page
    - I may include exceptional additional files

    By updating page.asp all pages have the new feature at their disposal.

    What are you trying to do ?

    --

    Patrice

    Patrice, Jul 26, 2005