Global.asa!

Arpan

Is the Global.asa file resolved before parsing the 'Include' (files) or
after parsing the 'Include' (files)?

Thanks,

Arpan

Arpan

Thanks, Steven, for the response. So am I correct in saying that the
order of execution of an ASP page begins with Global.asa followed by
the "include"s, scripts within the RUNAT=SERVER tag etc...?

Thanks once again,

Regards,

Arpan

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

Thanks, Steven, for the response. So am I correct in saying that the
order of execution of an ASP page begins with Global.asa followed by
the "include"s, scripts within the RUNAT=SERVER tag etc...?

I really don't think that global.asa is executed every time an ASP script is
run. I think it is called when a session or application either starts or
ends. What do you think global.asa can do for every single web page
executed during a session?

Arpan

Thanks, Aaron for your input.

When only a single ASP script is run, doesn't that imply that an
application has started? In other words, doesn't executing one & only
one ASP page constitute an apllication? Or is it something like when a
group of ASP pages get executed, only then it becomes an application? I
am not sure!

Thanks once again,

Regards,

Arpan

Patrice

Global.asa allows to define events that are triggered when appropriate (for
example when an application start that is when the first page on a site that
was not previously "running" is hit).

What are you trying to do ? If this is to put common functions I just use a
general "page.asp" file that then includes in truns all the pieces I need on
all pages...

This way :
- I only need to include page.asp on all and every page
- I may include exceptional additional files

By updating page.asp all pages have the new feature at their disposal.

What are you trying to do ?