    Please Guide me...
    Thanks in advance...
    Waitin for ur replies...

    dipesh.trivedi, Jul 9, 2007

  2. dipesh.trivedi

    Evan Lavelle Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 02:53:14 -0000, "dipesh.trivedi"
    <> wrote:

    >Dear Friends,
    >
    > I am doing conversion of VHDL to Verilog of some of my project files.
    >Using tool called VISUAL ELITE.
    >But its not supporting CONSTANT's of VHDL. So not able to do it. So i
    >have converted that package file into verilog by changing CONSTANT
    >with PARAMETER of verilog. Now i have to call this file in VHDL.
    >Is it possible to call this file and use it as a PACKAGE???

    Your question doesn't really make sense. Why would you want to convert
    a VHDL package into Verilog, and then "call" that Verilog "package"
    from VHDL? You need to be more specific about exactly what your
    problem is.

    Some simulators will allow mixed-language simulation; you need to
    check your simulator docs. Generally, you'll be able to instantiate a
    Verilog module into a VHDL architecture, or a VHDL
    configuration/component into a Verilog module. If you need to convert
    a package, then you'll probably have to manually translate whatever
    its contents are, and `include the result in a Verilog module.

    >Waitin for ur replies...

    Ur is, or was, a Sumerian city. If you're waiting for a reply from it,
    then you're out of luck. If, on the other hand, you're trying to spell
    the possessive pronoun in English, you should perhaps stick with
    "your".

    Evan

    Evan Lavelle, Jul 9, 2007

  3. dipesh.trivedi

    Niv Guest

    On 9 Jul, 10:17, Evan Lavelle <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 02:53:14 -0000, "dipesh.trivedi"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Dear Friends,

    > > I am doing conversion of VHDL to Verilog of some of my project files.
    > >Using tool called VISUAL ELITE.
    > >But its not supporting CONSTANT's of VHDL. So not able to do it. So i
    > >have converted that package file into verilog by changing CONSTANT
    > >with PARAMETER of verilog. Now i have to call this file in VHDL.
    > >Is it possible to call this file and use it as a PACKAGE???

    > Your question doesn't really make sense. Why would you want to convert
    > a VHDL package into Verilog, and then "call" that Verilog "package"
    > from VHDL? You need to be more specific about exactly what your
    > problem is.
    >
    > Some simulators will allow mixed-language simulation; you need to
    > check your simulator docs. Generally, you'll be able to instantiate a
    > Verilog module into a VHDL architecture, or a VHDL
    > configuration/component into a Verilog module. If you need to convert
    > a package, then you'll probably have to manually translate whatever
    > its contents are, and `include the result in a Verilog module.
    >
    > >Waitin for ur replies...

    > Ur is, or was, a Sumerian city. If you're waiting for a reply from it,
    > then you're out of luck. If, on the other hand, you're trying to spell
    > the possessive pronoun in English, you should perhaps stick with
    > "your".
    >
    > Evan

    I really want to see what the leading HDL citezen(s) of Ur have to
    say!
    Perhaps they have a Rosetta Stone equivalent for VHDL to Verilog.

    Niv, Jul 9, 2007