How to install Borland Compiler?

Sean

I recently downloaded the 5.5 command line tool. I hav installed the
freecommandLinetools.exe file.

But im unable to configure the compiler to run. I cant interpret the
instructions in the readme file.

Pl help. i have completed step 1.

Installing and running the Command Line Tools
------------------------------...

1. Run freecommandlinetools.exe; choose the
drive and folder into which you want to
install the free C++Builder 5 command line
tool development system.

2. From the bin directory of your installation:
a. Add "c:\Borland\Bcc55"
to the existing path
b. Create a bcc32.cfg file which will set
the compiler options for the Include
and Lib paths (-I and -L switches to
compiler) by adding these lines:
-I"c:\Borland\Bcc55\include"
-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib"
c. Create an ilink32.cfg file which will set
the linker option for the Lib path by
adding this line:
-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib"

pl suggest any other compiler/ide. i am currently using turbo C++ v3.0

Jacek Dziedzic

Sean said:
I recently downloaded the 5.5 command line tool. I hav installed the
freecommandLinetools.exe file.

But im unable to configure the compiler to run. I cant interpret the
instructions in the readme file.

Pl help. i have completed step 1.

We don't deal with specific compilers here, only the
C++ language. Try one of the borland newsgroups or forums.

- J.