How to install Borland Compiler?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Sean, Oct 22, 2006.

  1. Sean

    Sean Guest

    I recently downloaded the 5.5 command line tool. I hav installed the
    freecommandLinetools.exe file.

    But im unable to configure the compiler to run. I cant interpret the
    instructions in the readme file.

    Pl help. i have completed step 1.

    Installing and running the Command Line Tools
    ------------------------------...

    1. Run freecommandlinetools.exe; choose the
    drive and folder into which you want to
    install the free C++Builder 5 command line
    tool development system.

    2. From the bin directory of your installation:
    a. Add "c:\Borland\Bcc55"
    to the existing path
    b. Create a bcc32.cfg file which will set
    the compiler options for the Include
    and Lib paths (-I and -L switches to
    compiler) by adding these lines:
    -I"c:\Borland\Bcc55\include"
    -L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib"
    c. Create an ilink32.cfg file which will set
    the linker option for the Lib path by
    adding this line:
    -L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib"

    pl suggest any other compiler/ide. i am currently using turbo C++ v3.0
    Sean, Oct 22, 2006

  2. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Sean, Oct 22, 2006

  3. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Sean, Oct 22, 2006
  4. Sean wrote:
    > I recently downloaded the 5.5 command line tool. I hav installed the
    > freecommandLinetools.exe file.
    >
    > But im unable to configure the compiler to run. I cant interpret the
    > instructions in the readme file.
    >
    > Pl help. i have completed step 1.

    We don't deal with specific compilers here, only the
    C++ language. Try one of the borland newsgroups or forums.

    - J.
    Jacek Dziedzic, Oct 22, 2006
  5. Roland Pibinger, Oct 22, 2006