How to select source 1.5 (Java Studio Creator 2)

Discussion in 'Java' started by r.emmerink@gmail.com, Mar 22, 2006.

    I've got some source files in Java Studio Creator 2.
    When building I get errors like:

    C:\...\Creator\Projects\....\src\Lijst.java:1: generics are not
    supported in -source 1.4
    (try -source 1.5 to enable generics)
    class Lijst <EltType> {

    When right clicking the project and selecting properties I can change
    source level to 1.5 in a drop down box. However I get the same error
    after rebuilding, it seems the setting is unchanged. Maybe I do
    something wrong here, hopefully someone can tell me how to change to
    -source 1.5 so I can compile the project.

    Thanks in advance,

    Roderik
    , Mar 22, 2006

  2. Hello,

    schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've got some source files in Java Studio Creator 2.
    > When building I get errors like:
    >
    > C:\...\Creator\Projects\....\src\Lijst.java:1: generics are not
    > supported in -source 1.4
    > (try -source 1.5 to enable generics)
    > class Lijst <EltType> {
    >
    > When right clicking the project and selecting properties I can change
    > source level to 1.5 in a drop down box. However I get the same error
    > after rebuilding, it seems the setting is unchanged. Maybe I do
    > something wrong here, hopefully someone can tell me how to change to
    > -source 1.5 so I can compile the project.

    which JDK do you have installed ?

    Regards
    Michael

    --
    http://www.smurfi.de
    German NetBeans Site
    Kroll, Michael, Mar 22, 2006

    I've got JDK 1.50_06 installed.
    , Mar 22, 2006
  4. IchBin Guest

    wrote:
    > I've got JDK 1.50_06 installed.

    If you have your Project Library set to JDK1.5 then
    you could add this to the compiler options (Project
    Properties\Build\Compile):

    -Xlint:unchecked

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)
    IchBin, Mar 22, 2006

    , Mar 22, 2006
  6. IchBin Guest

    wrote:
    > Well, it doesn't help. I described the problem with some screenshots on
    > my website hopefully you (and maybe others) might take a look on it.
    > http://www.roderik.net/javacreator_problem.php
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Well I am confused. I am running Sun's Studio Creator 2 also but my
    'Source' items are different than yours.

    You change the Java version on the "Java Platform Manager".

    So, on your 'Properties'\'Libraries' item selection you should select
    the "Manage Platform" button and add the JDK you want to use.

    IchBin, Mar 22, 2006

    Thanks! Changing the JDK from the standard one that came with Creator
    to the normal JDK solved the problem.
    I thought Creator should had a recent JDK or used the most recent found
    on my system, since I downloaded it quite recently (about two weaks
    ago).
    , Mar 22, 2006
  8. IchBin Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks! Changing the JDK from the standard one that came with Creator
    > to the normal JDK solved the problem.
    > I thought Creator should had a recent JDK or used the most recent found
    > on my system, since I downloaded it quite recently (about two weaks
    > ago).

    If I remember the Creator install, like Netbeans 1.4 and 1.5 it will
    show you what versions it has found on your system. It then lets you
    inspect then to tell it which one to use.

    IchBin, Mar 23, 2006