How to select source 1.5 (Java Studio Creator 2)

r.emmerink

Hi,

I've got some source files in Java Studio Creator 2.
When building I get errors like:

C:\...\Creator\Projects\....\src\Lijst.java:1: generics are not
supported in -source 1.4
(try -source 1.5 to enable generics)
class Lijst <EltType> {

When right clicking the project and selecting properties I can change
source level to 1.5 in a drop down box. However I get the same error
after rebuilding, it seems the setting is unchanged. Maybe I do
something wrong here, hopefully someone can tell me how to change to
-source 1.5 so I can compile the project.

Thanks in advance,

Roderik

Kroll, Michael

Hello,

Hi,

I've got some source files in Java Studio Creator 2.
When building I get errors like:

C:\...\Creator\Projects\....\src\Lijst.java:1: generics are not
supported in -source 1.4
(try -source 1.5 to enable generics)
class Lijst <EltType> {

When right clicking the project and selecting properties I can change
source level to 1.5 in a drop down box. However I get the same error
after rebuilding, it seems the setting is unchanged. Maybe I do
something wrong here, hopefully someone can tell me how to change to
-source 1.5 so I can compile the project.

which JDK do you have installed ?

Regards
Michael

IchBin

I've got JDK 1.50_06 installed.
If you have your Project Library set to JDK1.5 then
you could add this to the compiler options (Project
Properties\Build\Compile):

-Xlint:unchecked

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

IchBin

Well, it doesn't help. I described the problem with some screenshots on
my website hopefully you (and maybe others) might take a look on it.
http://www.roderik.net/javacreator_problem.php

Thanks in advance.

Well I am confused. I am running Sun's Studio Creator 2 also but my
'Source' items are different than yours.

You change the Java version on the "Java Platform Manager".

So, on your 'Properties'\'Libraries' item selection you should select
the "Manage Platform" button and add the JDK you want to use.

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

r.emmerink

Thanks! Changing the JDK from the standard one that came with Creator
to the normal JDK solved the problem.
I thought Creator should had a recent JDK or used the most recent found
on my system, since I downloaded it quite recently (about two weaks
ago).

IchBin

Thanks! Changing the JDK from the standard one that came with Creator
to the normal JDK solved the problem.
I thought Creator should had a recent JDK or used the most recent found
on my system, since I downloaded it quite recently (about two weaks
ago).

If I remember the Creator install, like Netbeans 1.4 and 1.5 it will
show you what versions it has found on your system. It then lets you
inspect then to tell it which one to use.