HTTP 302 (Response.Redirect) to mms:// URL gives error, to http:// is ok.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by David Morgan, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. David Morgan

    David Morgan Guest

    Hello

    Apologies for the cross-post, but I am not sure where the problem lies.

    We have an ASP based website where we redirect users to MMS Publishing
    Points.

    So, guy clicks on http:// .asp link, we do a db update, then use
    Response.Redirect to redirect them to a mms:// URL.

    This works fine for me on W2K, XP Home and XP Pro with WMP 10, but I have
    had many reports from visitors saying that they get connection errors and
    access denied messages. I am sure they are using similar configurations to
    me.

    Now I am redirecting to http:// (so http streaming), and the problem seems
    to have gone away. This is not ideal as we had intended to use RTSP to
    stream our content.

    Has anyone else experienced problems of this nature?

    Thanks

    David
    David Morgan, Feb 24, 2006

  2. David Morgan

    raj chahal Guest

    Could be that the firewall is blocking all mms protocols, whereas http will
    use the usual port 80.

    "David Morgan" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    raj chahal, Feb 24, 2006