I cannot get Web Admin Tool to function

Guest

sorry I had to clarify my previous post as I wasn't able to get specific
answers
so I'm made this very targetted to what I actually pretty desperate to fix.

my Setup:
I've got XP pro, IIS 5 , visual Studio 2005, asp.net 2.0 and C#, I have SQL
server 2005 installed as well.

if I create a web site with the internal web server of VS2005, I have no
problems running and debugging pages

if I try to run the Web Administration tool, I get told :

An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

if I clean on the 'how do I use this tool' help button I get:
Tool Has Timed Out

As a security measure, the Web Site Administration Tool times out after a
period of inactivity. Changes to machine.config or web.config may also result
in the tool needing to be restarted. To continue configuring your web site,
restart the tool.

so based on advice I got on this forum I tried moving to IIS

Then I got this error:
This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to
connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.
For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I had none of these problems with 1.1 always create virtual dirs on the fly
from visual Studio it all worked beautifully

I can debug from the internal web server, I can't see the Web Administration
Tool
can someone please tell me why that is.

my most urgent priority (I'm not too worried about IIS right now) is:
I do need to use the Web admin tool because I wish to add some users and
groups etc...and manage them with that WAT interface, why does my WAT web
page complain what settings is wrong or missing, any ideas?

Regards and many thanks in advance,
CharlesA