IIS 6.0 - localstart.asp

Anthony

Sir,

I am having trouble to fix the problems with any *.ASP to
work.. Keep getting error 404 that can not find or miss
spell.. I had cross double check 40 times and is there
anyway can be repair??

Anthony

Roland Hall

in message : I am having trouble to fix the problems with any *.ASP to
: work.. Keep getting error 404 that can not find or miss
: spell.. I had cross double check 40 times and is there
: anyway can be repair??

Which web server are you using?
If IIS, then you're either misspelling the name or the path is incorrect.
If *nix, then there is another possibility, *nix is case-sensitive.
THiSFiLe.aSP is not the same as thisfile.asp, as it is in IIS, which is
case-insensitive.

You might also have another issue if you are running on *nix... Unless
you're running Sun's Chili!Soft, ASP is not supported so even if you call
the correct file [proper case], it still will not work as expected.

HTH...

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Jeff Cochran

I am having trouble to fix the problems with any *.ASP to
work.. Keep getting error 404 that can not find or miss
spell.. I had cross double check 40 times and is there
anyway can be repair??

IIS6 doesn't serve ASP as a default. You need to enable it as a web
app to use it. See:

http://www.visualwin.com/ASP/

Jeff

rwg

| spell.. I had cross double check 40 times and is there
| anyway can be repair??

Sure, there are plenty of solution paths. For most solutions, we need a bit more information. But if you are running on a new IIS 6, or if you have Lockdown
(or URLScan) on your IIS 5, then this is the expected response to having ASP pages blocked. You will have to activate the ASP option. In IIS6, it's under
Web Extensions.

-rwg
This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!

--------------------
| From: "Anthony" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Anthony" <[email protected]>
| Subject: IIS 6.0 - localstart.asp
| Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 22:49:50 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general
|
| Sir,
|
| I am having trouble to fix the problems with any *.ASP to
| work.. Keep getting error 404 that can not find or miss
| spell.. I had cross double check 40 times and is there
| anyway can be repair??
|
| Anthony

Dominique

Roland, IIS isn't case sensitive

He should first check whether he can view .html/.htm files
eg.

http://servername/test.html

If this displays correctly then you may have a problem with the
ISR_MachineName account which doesn't seem to have rights to open the
asp.dll
Basically doesn't have rights to process any asp. This could be caused by
the fact that it may be a domain controller? doubt that.
anyways, thats the one thign that screws up the rights on that account, and
causes asp to crash.
The workaround is to go to Component Services (Administrative Tools) to
manually enter an admi9nistrative account to start/run in process
applications/components

cheers
NIQUE

Roland Hall

in message : Roland, IIS isn't case sensitive

Then we're in agreement. I said it was case-insensitive. Perhaps you just
misread my comments?!