    spell.. I had cross double check 40 times and is there
    anyway can be repair??

    Anthony
    Anthony, Apr 4, 2004

  2. Anthony

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Anthony" wrote in message news:1363c01c41a11$06ce3500$...
    : I am having trouble to fix the problems with any *.ASP to
    : work.. Keep getting error 404 that can not find or miss
    : spell.. I had cross double check 40 times and is there
    : anyway can be repair??

    Which web server are you using?
    If IIS, then you're either misspelling the name or the path is incorrect.
    If *nix, then there is another possibility, *nix is case-sensitive.
    THiSFiLe.aSP is not the same as thisfile.asp, as it is in IIS, which is
    case-insensitive.

    You might also have another issue if you are running on *nix... Unless
    you're running Sun's Chili!Soft, ASP is not supported so even if you call
    the correct file [proper case], it still will not work as expected.

    HTH...

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    Roland Hall, Apr 4, 2004

  3. Anthony

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 22:49:50 -0800, "Anthony"
    <> wrote:

    >I am having trouble to fix the problems with any *.ASP to
    >work.. Keep getting error 404 that can not find or miss
    >spell.. I had cross double check 40 times and is there
    >anyway can be repair??

    IIS6 doesn't serve ASP as a default. You need to enable it as a web
    app to use it. See:

    http://www.visualwin.com/ASP/

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Apr 4, 2004
  4. Anthony

    rwg Guest

    | spell.. I had cross double check 40 times and is there
    | anyway can be repair??

    Sure, there are plenty of solution paths. For most solutions, we need a bit more information. But if you are running on a new IIS 6, or if you have Lockdown
    (or URLScan) on your IIS 5, then this is the expected response to having ASP pages blocked. You will have to activate the ASP option. In IIS6, it's under
    Web Extensions.

    -rwg
    This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!

    --------------------

    rwg, Apr 4, 2004
  5. Anthony

    Dominique Guest

    Roland, IIS isn't case sensitive

    He should first check whether he can view .html/.htm files
    eg.

    http://servername/test.html

    If this displays correctly then you may have a problem with the
    ISR_MachineName account which doesn't seem to have rights to open the
    asp.dll
    Basically doesn't have rights to process any asp. This could be caused by
    the fact that it may be a domain controller? doubt that.
    anyways, thats the one thign that screws up the rights on that account, and
    causes asp to crash.
    The workaround is to go to Component Services (Administrative Tools) to
    manually enter an admi9nistrative account to start/run in process
    applications/components

    cheers
    NIQUE

    Dominique, Apr 5, 2004
  6. Anthony

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Dominique" wrote in message news:c4qvq4$8vl$...
    : Roland, IIS isn't case sensitive

    Then we're in agreement. I said it was case-insensitive. Perhaps you just
    misread my comments?!

    Roland Hall, Apr 5, 2004
  7. Anthony

    Dominique Guest