include files

hugh welford

Hi
Just upgraded to Vista Ultimate, and running IIS7 for offline web
development.

Suddenly getting the message
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0131'

Disallowed Parent Path

/daters/cards/previewCard.asp, line 98

The Include file '../viral_update.inc' cannot contain '..' to indicate the
parent directory.
This worked fine in Win XP Pro/IIS6

What goes on? Do I have to use the full path or must the include file be
located in the same directory(which of course works, but involves
maintaining accurate duplicates). Seems a backward step

Thanks Hugh

Bob Barrows [MVP]

---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------
This worked fine in Win XP Pro/IIS6

What goes on? Do I have to use the full path or must the include file
be located in the same directory(which of course works, but involves
maintaining accurate duplicates). Seems a backward step
No, you have to use IIS Mgr to enable parent paths (in IIS6, it's done
in the application configuration dialog), which are off by default in
IIS6 and higher ... nothing to do with Vista :)

hugh welford

Thanks yet again, Bob - we'll have to stop meeting like this!!!

You guys do a fantastuc job

Thanks

Hugh