Is it true only 6 people are using 2.0?

Guest

Tell me about it. Anonymous methods, iterators, .Net 2.0 is somethign MS got
right. I have been using it since Beta 2 and I love it. As soon as it's
released I hope to go live with my new website.

Guest

Have built one enterprise app with a ASP.NET 2.0 front-end accessing a 1.1
middle-tier. Building a new web frawework to take advantage of ANet 2.0.
(Tired of typing ASP.NET... ANet is easier.)

I think we're getting past most of the garden club questions like "How do I
add a button to a page?" Considering most enterprise apps are slower to
migrate running with a matured technology(1.1) once in production, companies
will be slower to adopt the newer 2.0 framework right out of the gates unless
they're starting new development. Saw the same with Java as it matured.

Regards
Coleman

Kevin Spencer

Generics are the bomb! I have already made extensive use of them, both for
writing new classes and methods, and using existing Generic classes, for
example, the System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection<T> class, which is a
really nice way to have a strongly-typed basic Collection without writing
one from scratch.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Big things are made up of
lots of little things.

jhcorey

A quick pointer to this documentation feature would be nice.
In 1.1, when creating a class library, I would file in the "XML
Documentation File" item in the property pages. Then I would use NDoc
to generate help files.

I'm looking to do something similar in 2.0, but
I don't see this item in the new version (June) and the help is pretty
sketchy.