Is the wxPython list down?

stef

Hi,

Does anyone know if the wxPython mailing list is having issues? I
Yes the server has hardware problems,
Robin Dunn (moderator), is informed about it.

cheers,
Stef Mientki

Frank Millman

Hi,

Does anyone know if the wxPython mailing list is having issues? I
subscribe to it and haven't seen anything come through since
09/06/2007. I went to ActiveState's archives and the last message
there is from the 7th (http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/
Threaded/wxPython-users).

Thanks,

Mike

This is from the wxPython home page -

"(8-Sept-2007) Yes, the mail lists are down. There were multiple disk
failures in RAID5 array of the machine that hosts the mail lists. The
hardware has been replaced and data is being restored from tape
backups."

I noticed that cvs seems to be down as well - maybe it was on the same
server.

Frank

kyosohma

Yes the server has hardware problems,
Robin Dunn (moderator), is informed about it.

cheers,
Stef Mientki

And to think, we're always told that that doesn't happen with RAID5.
Guess I should have checked the website. Thanks Stef and Frank.

Mike

Chris Mellon

This is from the wxPython home page -

"(8-Sept-2007) Yes, the mail lists are down. There were multiple disk
failures in RAID5 array of the machine that hosts the mail lists. The
hardware has been replaced and data is being restored from tape
backups."

I noticed that cvs seems to be down as well - maybe it was on the same
server.

CVS is down because wx has moved to SVN, which is still up and running
fine. svn.wxwidgets.org.

Frank Millman

Chris said:
CVS is down because wx has moved to SVN, which is still up and running
fine. svn.wxwidgets.org.

Thanks, Chris, I found it.

However, the 'Browse sources' link on wxPython's home page still
points to cvs.

If the problem still exists when the mail list comes back up I will
report it there.

Frank