    Thanks,

    Mike
    , Sep 12, 2007

  2. stef Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know if the wxPython mailing list is having issues? I

    Yes the server has hardware problems,
    Robin Dunn (moderator), is informed about it.

    cheers,
    Stef Mientki
    stef, Sep 12, 2007

  3. On Sep 12, 3:10 pm, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know if the wxPython mailing list is having issues? I
    > subscribe to it and haven't seen anything come through since
    > 09/06/2007. I went to ActiveState's archives and the last message
    > there is from the 7th (http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/
    > Threaded/wxPython-users).
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    This is from the wxPython home page -

    "(8-Sept-2007) Yes, the mail lists are down. There were multiple disk
    failures in RAID5 array of the machine that hosts the mail lists. The
    hardware has been replaced and data is being restored from tape
    backups."

    I noticed that cvs seems to be down as well - maybe it was on the same
    server.

    Frank
    Frank Millman, Sep 12, 2007

    On Sep 12, 8:26 am, stef <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > Does anyone know if the wxPython mailing list is having issues? I

    > Yes the server has hardware problems,
    > Robin Dunn (moderator), is informed about it.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Stef Mientki

    And to think, we're always told that that doesn't happen with RAID5.
    Guess I should have checked the website. Thanks Stef and Frank.

    Mike
    , Sep 12, 2007
  5. Chris Mellon Guest

    On 9/12/07, Frank Millman <> wrote:
    > On Sep 12, 3:10 pm, wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know if the wxPython mailing list is having issues? I
    > > subscribe to it and haven't seen anything come through since
    > > 09/06/2007. I went to ActiveState's archives and the last message
    > > there is from the 7th (http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/
    > > Threaded/wxPython-users).
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mike

    > This is from the wxPython home page -
    >
    > "(8-Sept-2007) Yes, the mail lists are down. There were multiple disk
    > failures in RAID5 array of the machine that hosts the mail lists. The
    > hardware has been replaced and data is being restored from tape
    > backups."
    >
    > I noticed that cvs seems to be down as well - maybe it was on the same
    > server.

    CVS is down because wx has moved to SVN, which is still up and running
    fine. svn.wxwidgets.org.
    Chris Mellon, Sep 12, 2007
  6. Chris Mellon wrote:

    > Frank Millman wrote:
    > > I noticed that cvs seems to be down as well - maybe it was on the same
    > > server.

    > CVS is down because wx has moved to SVN, which is still up and running
    > fine. svn.wxwidgets.org.

    Thanks, Chris, I found it.

    However, the 'Browse sources' link on wxPython's home page still
    points to cvs.

    If the problem still exists when the mail list comes back up I will
    report it there.

    Frank
    Frank Millman, Sep 13, 2007