Is there anyone hears about "HireRight.com"?

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
Keith Thompson said:
Richard Heathfield said:
Richard said: [...]
There are posters
here who post 90% of the time only "off topic" rebukes.

No, there aren't.

Perhaps your 90% figure was a deliberate exaggeration; if
not, it's just wrong.

Just to be clear, the 90% figure was not mine. I don't know who
"Richard" is, but he isn't me.

Understood. Since I was addressing points both of you had made, it
was simpler to piggyback onto your followup. Sorry if I implied
otherwise.

Keith Thompson

Richard said:
But come on guys - it really doesn't need 10 people to post rebukes when
some poor nOOb asks something wrong or in the wrong manner.

You know perfectly well that Usenet is an asynchronous medium. It's
very common for several people to post followups before any of the
other followups have appeared.

dick

Victor said:
dick said:
[..]
My question is: Shall I let them check my background before they
schedule a site interview?

I wouldn't. But you're way off-topic at least in two of the three
newsgroups to which you cross-posted.

Is the announcement "off-topic" a real off topic post?

Keith Thompson

dick said:
Victor said:
dick said:
[..]
My question is: Shall I let them check my background before they
schedule a site interview?

I wouldn't. But you're way off-topic at least in two of the three
newsgroups to which you cross-posted.
[signature snipped]

Is the announcement "off-topic" a real off topic post?

No. By convention, meta-discussions about topicality are considered
to be topical.

Kenny McCormack

dick said:
Victor said:
dick wrote:
[..]
My question is: Shall I let them check my background before they
schedule a site interview?

I wouldn't. But you're way off-topic at least in two of the three
newsgroups to which you cross-posted.
[signature snipped]

Is the announcement "off-topic" a real off topic post?

No. By convention, meta-discussions about topicality are considered
to be topical.

They are the only things that are.

dick

Keith said:
dick said:
Victor said:
[..]

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (e-mail address removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>

So you can not say "off topic" on a post of "off topic".

Where is Turing?

ajay81abhay

Hi folks,

Is there anyone hears about "HireRight.com"?

Recently I am applying for an embedded design job. The company asked
me to fill "HireRight" forms online just after a 20 minute telephone
interview.

The following is a part of their email that they sent me. The words
they ask me to fill "HireRight" forms are:

The application takes approximately 20-30 minutes to fill out - we
recommend you collect the following information before you start:

- Employers: start/end dates, job title/duties, supervisors, company
contact information (phone numbers, e-mail)
- Education: dates, degree information
- Residences: dates and addresses
- Personal Information: date of birth, identification (Social
Security Number, driver's license number, visa number)

My question is: Shall I let them check my background before they
schedule a site interview?

Thanks,
Dick

Hi.. Dick what happen with you.you r the right choice for them so they
have told you to fill the "hireright ".nothing to worry ,please give
him your background information and hire the job.