Jasper Reports

Joined
Feb 16, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I've inherited a system which uses Jasper Reports to create some reports - they are called via Java code. JBOSS has a jasperreports-4.1.2.jar file so I suspect it is version 4.1.2. I need to be able to modify the jrxml file and compile it to a .jasper file. I tried download iReports 4.1.2 but when I launch it from the icon (installed on my desktop), I merely get a splash screen and nothing else.

I need to make a change to one of the reports but don't know how to get a report editor that will work. I've tried TIBCO's Jaspersoft Suite but it doesn't seem compatible with 4.1.2 (when I make a simple change to the report, it loses it's formatting and some of the headings).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Joined
Feb 16, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I just installed IReports on a windows XP machine and it works fine. It seems like it just doesn't like Windows 8.1 but of course that is what I need it on.