    then email that picture and/or count to an email address. Is this
    possible/ feasable for a moderately talented C++ programmer with some
    but limited experience with java?

    Kevin Mader, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Kevin Mader wrote:

    > I have a project where I would like to use a nice cell phone equipped
    > with web access and a decent camera and write a program in Java? i
    > think thats what most cell phones use. Make a tone with the speaker.
    > To take a picture with the camera. Count the number of red pixels,
    > then email that picture and/or count to an email address. Is this
    > possible/ feasable for a moderately talented C++ programmer with some
    > but limited experience with java?

    The Mobile Media API (which is what you would need to access the camera on a
    MIDP device) can give you access to the raw bytes for a picture taken. If
    you can decode that information you can grab what you want as far as color
    information. You can also generate sounds from that same API set.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>

    Darryl L. Pierce, Jul 27, 2004