JMF and Applets

Baffa

I have installed JMF 2.1.1. I have developed a simple applet to show an
AVI. When I use the AppletViewer everything works but when I try to use
an html I receive the following message at the Java Console:

Unable to handle format: MPG4, 384x288, FrameRate=10.0, Length=331776 0
extra bytes
Failed to realize: com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@100363
Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@100363

It seems that the format of the AVI is invalid, but the Applet Viewer
works !!!!

Can anyone help me ????

Thanks in advance.

Baffa

Andrew said:

Thank you Andrew,

The URL is pointing to fixed location on disk:
file:/D:/Streams/JMF/maisum.avi

By the way i have generated a JAR, including all JMF libraries and put
the JAR, the HTML and the AVI in the D:streams/JMF directory.

The HTML does not work in this directory with the JAR file and when I
run it from JBUILDER IDE.

below I show you the HTML

<head>
<title>
ShowMovie Test Page
</title>
</head>
firstexample.ShowMovie will appear below in a Java enabled browser.<br>
<applet
codebase = "."
code = "firstexample.ShowMovie.class"
archive = "FirstExample.jar"
name = "ShowMovie Applet"
width = "400"
height = "300"
hspace = "0"
vspace = "0"
align = "middle"<param name=FILE value="baffa.avi">
</applet>

Roland

[...]

It's possible that the format of the AVI is not supported. Check on
<http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/formats.html>, but
when I did a quick scan, I didn't see MPG4 (as you reported in your
first message)

--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___
/__/ w_/ /__/
/ \ /_/ / \

Andrew Thompson

On 24-1-2005 18:25, Baffa wrote:

A request to both of you (though I've now trimmed all of
Roland's content).. Please trim earlier parts of conversations
that are no longer needed, specifically signatures, but consider
other parts as well..

See further comments in-line with trimming.
I suspect Roland has identified the core technical problem,
but there are some other things that need fixing.

...Which should be validated, if you want it to work reliably
across a range of browsers on a number of different platforms.

Lazy, it it?

A more helpful way to put that is, please be specific.

E.G. 'I get a grey square with a broken applet icon in IE 6 using
Java 1.4. The console reads...'

( One of the advantages of putting your applet on the net is that
I can see that information for myself if it is at Geocities or
another free host. Saves a lot of time in descriptions when I
can do a few quick checks. )

Your HTML is better than a lot I have seen, but it is still not
valid according to the only guidelines worth using. You can test
HTML against those guidelines here..
<http://validator.w3.org/>

(And it can validate HTML off your local disk, as well)

For example..

...this line requires a closing '>'.

(snip!)