    Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@53fb57
    Failed to realize: input media not supported: mpeglayer3 audio

    , Jan 4, 2005

  2. schrieb:

    > Hi,
    > I installed JMF 2.1.1 for Linux, but I have trouble playing MP3 audio
    > with jmstudio. I also tried to install the MPEG-PlugIn from Sun for the
    > JMF. It was successfully registered, however I get the same error
    > message for my mpeg sound file. I would greatly appeciate suggestions
    > :)

    With registered you mean, that you called

    java com.sun.media.codec.audio.mp3.JavaDecoder

    like stated on the sun page?. This also didn't work for me. I had to
    manually add the decoder via the jmfregistry. After starting jmfregistry
    you will have to select the third tab named "plugins". The page presents
    another five tabs. The second is labelled "Codec". Into the text field
    enter the name of the decoder class:

    com.sun.media.codec.audio.mp3.JavaDecoder

    Now the decoder schould appear as the last entry. If you select it, the
    right pane should now tell you, what input formats are supported.

    Don't forget to save the entry by pushing the "Commit" button.

    If your running JMF on Linux and have installed JMF to a common place for
    every user, you also have to create file named ".jmfdir" in your home dir.
    The file must contain a single line with the path to your JMF directory:

    /usr/share/java/JMF/lib

    for example.

    Frank.

    --
    Wenn zwei Menschen immer dasselbe denken, ist einer von ihnen ├╝berfl├╝ssig.

    Frank Seidinger, Jan 4, 2005

  3. On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:27:12 +0100, Frank Seidinger wrote:

    (snip sage required to get JMF/MP3 under Linux)
    > Don't forget to save the entry by pushing the "Commit" button.

    Heck, there I was considering launching into an MP3 player
    project, and wonderring if JMF was mature and 'user friendly'
    enough for the average user (Win/Linux in any case).

    Thank you for confirming - 'No'.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Thank you Frank for your answer.

    The registry worked for me and jmfregistry shows the correct values.
    Especially, it shows

    4. javax.media.format.AudioFormat mpeglayer3, 44100.0 Hz, Signed

    I also adjusted the .jmfdir (which pointed to a wrong directory) and
    put mediaplayer.jar
    and multiplayer.jar in the jre/lib directory of my j2sdk1.4.2_06

    Unfortunately, I still get the message

    [scholzuh@h409:bin] >jmstudio
    Unable to handle format: mpeglayer3, 44100.0 Hz, 16-bit, Stereo,
    LittleEndian, Signed, 16000.0 frame rate, FrameSize=32768 bits
    Failed to realize: com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@76fba0
    Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@76fba0
    Failed to realize: input media not supported: mpeglayer3 audio

    Does anyone have another suggestion? I would appreachiate it.
    Thank you, Uli

    Ulrich Scholz, Jan 5, 2005