JMX registerMBean problem/question

Mario Lassnig

Hello all,

I have a separate JMX server which manages all MBeans. This server
works okay, no problem with that. Now what I need to do is the
following:
Some objects in other classes which are already running need to
register themselves with the JMX server. The problem is, i did not
find a way to do this at runtime via the registerMBean call to the
MBean server, because it is simply not available. What is available is
the createMBean call, which of course is not what I am looking for,
because it would instantiate a new object.
(the clients currently connect via rmi to the JMX server)
The question is the following: how can I connect a running object to a
JMX MBean Server running in another VM (that's why findMBeanServers
from the factory doesn't work) and register it there?
(jdk1.5-rc)

Many thanks in advance.