JMX, way to know if NotificationEmitter is alive?

Kun

Hi, I'm facing a JMX problem,
I'm working in an aplication that uses JMX to send update messages
from a MBeanServer to several consoles.
The architecture is: a MBeanServer that emits JMX Notifications and
several Java-Web-Start-based console's applications that are
NotificationListeners, registered as listeners of the MBean that emits
the Notifications at the server side.
I want to know if there is a way from the different consoles to check
if the NotificationEmitter is alive and sending Notifications.

Any idea?

(please, don't answer that the way to know that the server is down is
that you don't receive more Notifications)

thanks,
Kun