JNIWrapper 2.6 released. Future plans

Eugene Toporov

Today we issue an important release of JNIWrapper, which addresses
several important issues and introduces a number of improvements in
the core API and COM integration.

We received numerous feedback since the previous release. Your
feedback and participation helped to improve the quality of the
product and is much appreciated. Check the What's New page
(http://www.jniwrapper.com/whatsnew.jsp) to see the list of major
changes.

What's coming next
==================

JExplorer 1.0 Release. We're planning to introduce the final release
of JExplorer 1.0 (http://www.jniwrapper.com/jexplorer.jsp) this month.

JNIWrapper for Mac OS X: Core functionality of Mac OS X port is
already done. We will focus on preparing this product for release
after JExplorer is out. The early access version will be released
shortly for your evaluation and feedback.

1. Fixes:
- Fixed the problem with the native jniwrap.dll library, which
could cause various memory management problems with dual processor
systems or systems with two virtual processors.
- Fixed the latent problem in the structure length/members
alignment calculation algorithm, in the Structure class, which could
cause memory issues in some complex structures.
- Fixed the issue with the LastError.getValue() function not
always returning the correct error code. Now every function call
returns the function execution result via the return parameter.
- Fixed the stability issue in the SafeArray class.
- Fixed the problem in the Variant.getSafeArray() function;
now the returned instance of SafeArray is correctly initialized.
- Fixed synchronization issues in the OleMessageLoop class.
- Fixed the JDK 1.5 incompatibility issue in the Codegen
utility.
- Fixed wrappers generation for pure dispatch invocation
calls.
- Fixed code generation for OCX components.
- Fixed code generation for some [out] parameters of a
function call.
- Fix: Codegen does not fail now when accessing some protected
registry keys.
- Removed the log4j.properties file from the distribution
jniwrap.jar archive.
2. Changes since version 2.5:
- Added cross-platform API for working with library global
variables. See getVariable and setVariable functions in the Library
class.
- Added setForeground(), getProcessID() and invalidateRect()
functions to the Wnd class.
- The function Parameter.toString() now returns the string
value of parameter (not a debug info, as previously). To return the
debug information use the getDebugInfo() function.
- Function.invoke() under Win32 now returns long as the last
error value.
- Added Java Docs for the SafeArray class.
- Added documentation for the Str and StringArray classes.

API differences between JNIWrapper 2.5 and 2.6 versions are available
online (http://www.jniwrapper.com/docs/javadoc_v2/changes.html).

JNIWrapper Team
http://www.jniwrapper.com