    Any idea?

    TIA

    Frank
    Frank Ratzlow, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Frank Ratzlow

    Mike Yawn Guest

    Frank Ratzlow wrote:
    > Hallo,
    >
    > I'm looking for a book to get a good start for building web services
    > using Java. Currently I'm reading "Beginning Java Web services" from
    > Wrox but this book misses to explain in what context several things
    > are done.
    > Could anyone recommend a good book that starts with building some
    > small things, expands to more complicated scenarios ending up in a
    > real world example - and always provide some explanation what is done
    > why (some remarks to the used classes would be cool).
    > Another thing I'd like to see is some architectural and packaging
    > info.
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Frank

    As a completely biased source, I like "J2EE and JAX". See
    http://www.theyawns.com or
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-6238954-4770352?v=glance&s=books&n=507846.

    The idea is really to show how to leverage code across different
    architectures, so web services is just one of the possible ways to
    deploy the code (although one of the major focuses of the book). So
    application architecture is stressed heavily.

    Mike Yawn
    Mike Yawn, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Frank Ratzlow

    tk Guest

    I just ordered "java web services in a nutshell". I don't know if my
    reasoning was "stupid" but there's quite a few Java Web Service books out
    there but what scares me are the 2002 and 2001 dates on them. The "Web
    Services in a nutshell" just came out a few months ago so I suspect that may
    be a little more up to date. There's also the Java Web Services tutorial
    that you can download from Sun's site. It's about 700+ pages in PDF format
    if you so choose to print it out :)

    tk, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Hi folks,

    since a lot of books are not really uptodate I will finish reading
    "Beginning Java web services", read some chapters from SUN's ws
    tutorial and will additionally buy the book "Developing Java Web
    Services", because it seems to be one of the current _and_ good ones
    and not mixed up with all the jsp/servlet stuff.

    thanx and cheers

    Frank

    Frank Ratzlow, Aug 1, 2003