Looking for Good Multi-Domain Web Host

Ed Jay

I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages. This happens
with two computers on two different high-bandwidth lines with three
different browsers. The host says they have no server-side issues.

Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Leonard Blaisdell

Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

alt.www.webmaster can easily answer your questions.

leo

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.

Ed Jay said:
I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages. This happens
with two computers on two different high-bandwidth lines with three
different browsers. The host says they have no server-side issues.

Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

We offer "all the usual features". :) We are currently running a 3 month
free trial, when you use this discount code on your order: axishost
Please note that we run fraud checks and also voice verify all new orders to
disuade the kiddies from signing up.

--Tina

Joel Shepherd

Ed Jay said:
I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages.

URL that demonstrates the problem? If you're getting a 404, that means
that you're hitting the web server, and that the web server is up and
running, and that your browser is receiving a response from it.

So, possibly the problem isn't with the host, or with your browser, or
with the network in between, but with the pages themselves. A URL would
shed a lot more light on that possibility.

Ed Jay

Joel Shepherd said:
URL that demonstrates the problem? If you're getting a 404, that means
that you're hitting the web server, and that the web server is up and
running, and that your browser is receiving a response from it.

So, possibly the problem isn't with the host, or with your browser, or
with the network in between, but with the pages themselves. A URL would
shed a lot more light on that possibility.

www.aes-intl.com

I recently switched to the new host. Prior to that, I never had a problem
with the page.

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Ed Jay

Els said:
Just curious: which M?

lol. Since the last time I was in this ng, I changed it from an 'x' to an
'M.' Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Ed Jay

Blinky the Shark said:
Ask your feed to add it. If it's a decent feed, they will.

I'm using Forte's Usenet servers. I would have thought they'd carry it.
$2.95 just doesn't buy what it used to. :)

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Ed Jay

Leonard Blaisdell said:
Ed Jay said:
Ed Jay said:
Good plan. I sometimes forget that what I subscribe to isn't available
to all. I wonder what "I'm" missing. I see from reading lower posts that
Tina has responded. You might want to check that out.
Yes, I've been corresponding with Tina. My guess is that I'll be moving to
her server in the very near future.

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Blinky the Shark

I'm using Forte's Usenet servers. I would have thought they'd carry
it. $2.95 just doesn't buy what it used to. :)

Probably not there; but then I'm not a Forte fan anyway. I use
news.individual.net for $13US/year. They just added a new group I'm
doing, within 24 hours of it being requested. (And, of course, they
have alt.www.webmaster.)

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

Ed said:
maybe >> I'll hang around here for a different answer. :)

I'm using Forte's Usenet servers. I would have thought they'd carry
it. $2.95 just doesn't buy what it used to. :)

Strange that you're unable to find it on their list. According to their
FAQ, alt.www.webmaster should be available:
http://www.forteinc.com/apn/faq.php#A010DE063DA8FDA288256E5800563A4A

The above FAQ entry, "Do you have a list of the newsgroups you carry?",
points to the following link:
http://www.supernews.com/stats/active.txt

I see this line on that list:
alt.www.webmaster 0000398531 0000298447 y

If you're still unable to access it, complain to their tech support.

Ed Jay

Kim André Akerø said:
Strange that you're unable to find it on their list. According to their
FAQ, alt.www.webmaster should be available:
http://www.forteinc.com/apn/faq.php#A010DE063DA8FDA288256E5800563A4A

The above FAQ entry, "Do you have a list of the newsgroups you carry?",
points to the following link:
http://www.supernews.com/stats/active.txt

I see this line on that list:
alt.www.webmaster 0000398531 0000298447 y

If you're still unable to access it, complain to their tech support.

Thanks for the heads-up. A refresh of the groups brought it into the list.

I'll give that group a go, but I think Tina probably found a new client.

Per Joel's suggestion, I'm also taking a close look at my site to see if I
can spot any errors. So far, I don't see anything that should cause any
page to not load properly.

Thanks again to all of you for your inputs.

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)