    point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
    with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

    Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Ed Jay, Aug 4, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    Ed Jay <> wrote:

    > Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
    > point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
    > with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

    alt.www.webmaster can easily answer your questions.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/

    Leonard Blaisdell, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Ed Jay

    Ed Jay Guest

    Leonard Blaisdell <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Ed Jay <> wrote:
    >

    >> Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
    >> point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
    >> with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

    >alt.www.webmaster can easily answer your questions.

    Thanks, Leo. Off I go.

    Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Ed Jay, Aug 5, 2005
  4. "Ed Jay" <> wrote in message
    >I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
    > Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
    > or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages. This happens
    > with two computers on two different high-bandwidth lines with three
    > different browsers. The host says they have no server-side issues.
    >
    > Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
    > point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
    > with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

    We offer "all the usual features". :) We are currently running a 3 month
    free trial, when you use this discount code on your order: axishost
    Please note that we run fraud checks and also voice verify all new orders to
    disuade the kiddies from signing up.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AxisHOST.com - Serving the web since 1997
    Very Generous Cpanel Hosting & Fully Managed Servers

    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Aug 5, 2005
  5. Ed Jay

    Ed Jay Guest

    Ed Jay <> wrote:

    >Leonard Blaisdell <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> Ed Jay <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
    >>> point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
    >>> with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

    >>alt.www.webmaster can easily answer your questions.
    >>

    >Thanks, Leo. Off I go.

    OTOH, since I can't find any alt.www.webmaster, or similar group, maybe
    I'll hang around here for a different answer. :)

    Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Ed Jay, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Ed Jay <> wrote:

    > I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
    > Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
    > or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages.

    URL that demonstrates the problem? If you're getting a 404, that means
    that you're hitting the web server, and that the web server is up and
    running, and that your browser is receiving a response from it.

    So, possibly the problem isn't with the host, or with your browser, or
    with the network in between, but with the pages themselves. A URL would
    shed a lot more light on that possibility.

    --
    Joel.

    Joel Shepherd, Aug 5, 2005
  7. In article <>,
    Ed Jay <> wrote:

    > Ed Jay <> wrote:
    >
    > >Leonard Blaisdell <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>In article <>,
    > >> Ed Jay <> wrote:

    > >Thanks, Leo. Off I go.
    > >

    > OTOH, since I can't find any alt.www.webmaster, or similar group, maybe
    > I'll hang around here for a different answer. :)

    Good plan. I sometimes forget that what I subscribe to isn't available
    to all. I wonder what "I'm" missing. I see from reading lower posts that
    Tina has responded. You might want to check that out.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/

    Leonard Blaisdell, Aug 5, 2005
  8. Ed Jay

    Ed Jay Guest

    Joel Shepherd <> wrote:

    >Ed Jay <> wrote:
    >
    >> I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
    >> Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
    >> or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages.

    >URL that demonstrates the problem? If you're getting a 404, that means
    >that you're hitting the web server, and that the web server is up and
    >running, and that your browser is receiving a response from it.
    >
    >So, possibly the problem isn't with the host, or with your browser, or
    >with the network in between, but with the pages themselves. A URL would
    >shed a lot more light on that possibility.

    www.aes-intl.com

    I recently switched to the new host. Prior to that, I never had a problem
    with the page.

    Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Ed Jay, Aug 5, 2005
  9. Ed Jay

    Els Guest

    Ed Jay wrote:

    > Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Just curious: which M?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 5, 2005
  10. Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2005
  11. Ed Jay

    Ed Jay Guest

    Els <> wrote:

    >Ed Jay wrote:
    >
    >> Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    >Just curious: which M?

    lol. Since the last time I was in this ng, I changed it from an 'x' to an
    'M.' Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Ed Jay, Aug 5, 2005
  12. Ed Jay

    Ed Jay Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Ed Jay wrote:
    >
    >> OTOH, since I can't find any alt.www.webmaster, or similar group, maybe
    >> I'll hang around here for a different answer. :)

    >Ask your feed to add it. If it's a decent feed, they will.

    I'm using Forte's Usenet servers. I would have thought they'd carry it.
    $2.95 just doesn't buy what it used to. :)

    Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Ed Jay, Aug 5, 2005
  13. Ed Jay

    Ed Jay Guest

    Leonard Blaisdell <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Ed Jay <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ed Jay <> wrote:

    >> >Thanks, Leo. Off I go.
    >> >

    >> OTOH, since I can't find any alt.www.webmaster, or similar group, maybe
    >> I'll hang around here for a different answer. :)

    >Good plan. I sometimes forget that what I subscribe to isn't available
    >to all. I wonder what "I'm" missing. I see from reading lower posts that
    >Tina has responded. You might want to check that out.

    Yes, I've been corresponding with Tina. My guess is that I'll be moving to
    her server in the very near future.

    Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Ed Jay, Aug 5, 2005
  14. Ed Jay wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >>Ed Jay wrote:

    >>> OTOH, since I can't find any alt.www.webmaster, or similar group,
    >>> maybe I'll hang around here for a different answer. :)

    >>Ask your feed to add it. If it's a decent feed, they will.

    > I'm using Forte's Usenet servers. I would have thought they'd carry
    > it. $2.95 just doesn't buy what it used to. :)

    Probably not there; but then I'm not a Forte fan anyway. I use
    news.individual.net for $13US/year. They just added a new group I'm
    doing, within 24 hours of it being requested. (And, of course, they
    have alt.www.webmaster.)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2005
  15. Ed Jay wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    > > Ed Jay wrote:
    > >
    > >> OTOH, since I can't find any alt.www.webmaster, or similar group,

    > maybe >> I'll hang around here for a different answer. :)
    > >
    > > Ask your feed to add it. If it's a decent feed, they will.

    > I'm using Forte's Usenet servers. I would have thought they'd carry
    > it. $2.95 just doesn't buy what it used to. :)

    Strange that you're unable to find it on their list. According to their
    FAQ, alt.www.webmaster should be available:
    http://www.forteinc.com/apn/faq.php#A010DE063DA8FDA288256E5800563A4A

    The above FAQ entry, "Do you have a list of the newsgroups you carry?",
    points to the following link:
    http://www.supernews.com/stats/active.txt

    I see this line on that list:
    alt.www.webmaster 0000398531 0000298447 y

    If you're still unable to access it, complain to their tech support.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Aug 5, 2005
  16. Ed Jay

    Ed Jay Guest

    Kim André Akerø <> wrote:

    >Ed Jay wrote:
    >
    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >> maybe >> I'll hang around here for a different answer. :)
    >> >
    >> > Ask your feed to add it. If it's a decent feed, they will.

    >> I'm using Forte's Usenet servers. I would have thought they'd carry
    >> it. $2.95 just doesn't buy what it used to. :)

    >Strange that you're unable to find it on their list. According to their
    >FAQ, alt.www.webmaster should be available:
    >http://www.forteinc.com/apn/faq.php#A010DE063DA8FDA288256E5800563A4A
    >
    >The above FAQ entry, "Do you have a list of the newsgroups you carry?",
    >points to the following link:
    >http://www.supernews.com/stats/active.txt
    >
    >I see this line on that list:
    >alt.www.webmaster 0000398531 0000298447 y
    >
    >If you're still unable to access it, complain to their tech support.

    Thanks for the heads-up. A refresh of the groups brought it into the list.

    I'll give that group a go, but I think Tina probably found a new client.

    Per Joel's suggestion, I'm also taking a close look at my site to see if I
    can spot any errors. So far, I don't see anything that should cause any
    page to not load properly.

    Thanks again to all of you for your inputs.

    Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Ed Jay, Aug 5, 2005