Macros in XMLSpy

Discussion in 'XML' started by Michael Cousins, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Hi,
    This is perhaps not the best newsgroup for this, but I've had no response
    from the XMLSpy forum. So here goes...

    I have some XML that looks a bit like this:

    <!DOCTYPE VREQUEST SYSTEM "VREQUEST.dtd">
    <VREQUEST>
    <EventHeader>Blah</EventHeader>
    <EventAction/>
    <EventData><![CDATA[
    <!DOCTYPE ListOfOrder SYSTEM "SiebelMessage.dtd">
    <ListOfOrder>
    <Order>
    <SourceSystemId>MAUI01</SourceSystemId>
    etc...

    As you can see, there is a nested XML structure in the EventData tag as
    CDATA. I need to write a macro to either strip off the surrounding XML, or
    extract the EventData and create a new XML document. I also need a macro to
    package it back up again.
    I've been floundering about a bit. I'm not too familiar with VB or macros,
    so I was wondering if anyone can help? Even if someone can point me towards
    some useful documentation as the XMLSpy help doesn't go into too much
    detail.

    Thanks in advance!
    Michael.

    Michael Cousins, Nov 4, 2003