Macros in XMLSpy

Michael Cousins

Hi,
This is perhaps not the best newsgroup for this, but I've had no response
from the XMLSpy forum. So here goes...

I have some XML that looks a bit like this:

<!DOCTYPE VREQUEST SYSTEM "VREQUEST.dtd">
<VREQUEST>
<EventHeader>Blah</EventHeader>
<EventAction/>
<EventData><![CDATA[
<!DOCTYPE ListOfOrder SYSTEM "SiebelMessage.dtd">
<ListOfOrder>
<Order>
<SourceSystemId>MAUI01</SourceSystemId>
etc...

As you can see, there is a nested XML structure in the EventData tag as
CDATA. I need to write a macro to either strip off the surrounding XML, or
extract the EventData and create a new XML document. I also need a macro to
package it back up again.
I've been floundering about a bit. I'm not too familiar with VB or macros,
so I was wondering if anyone can help? Even if someone can point me towards
some useful documentation as the XMLSpy help doesn't go into too much
detail.

Thanks in advance!
Michael.