"Malformed Response" error on W2K

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by spark, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. spark

    spark Guest

    We have a page that takes advantage of auto pagination provided by MMIT 1.1.
    LG phone model LX5350 and html version of openwave emulator 6.2.2 are being
    used to test the pages. (The emulator is found at
    http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/openwave_mobile_sdk/phone_simulator/index.htm)
    Both request the page in xhtml.

    The page is deployed to two servers.
    One running iis 5 under Windows 2000 and another running iis 6 under Windows
    2003.
    http://www.parkwon.com/paginationtest/mobilewebform1.aspx - on W2k3
    http://preview.usatoday.com/test/paginationtest/mobilewebform1.aspx - on W2k

    The page on Windows 2003 is behaving fine, but not the one on Windows 2000.
    When the next button of the page is clicked on the page served from Windows
    2000 server box, “Malformed server response.†error is displayed.

    The response header viewed from the Openwave emulator goes:
    HTTP/1.1 100 Error
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
    Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:16:18 GMT
    Transfer-Encoding: Chunked

    487
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
    Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:16:18 GMT

    With WML emulators and devices, the page behaves fine on both platforms.

    A similar problem was reported September of last year in this newsgroup but
    a fix for W2K was not posted.
    Our production environment is all on Windows 2000 server. We don’t have a
    plan to upgrade to 2003 anytime soon.
    Is there any way to make the pagination work on Windows 2000 server and iis 5?
    And could someone please let me know what’s going on?

    Thank you.

    spark, Oct 25, 2004