menu control inside a gridview

Eps

Has anyone have any experience of doing this ?

I want a small menu on each row with a few options, I have tried it and
it seems to work great at first but after clicking on a menu item and
handling that event you get some weird display artifacts, when you hover
your mouse over them all the menus on the page in each row of the
gridview are fully expanded and overlapping each other.

I realise the asp menu control is meant for site navigation, does anyone
have any ideas of how to achieve what I am after ? (to make it harder
try and avoid javascript, there are many examples of dynamic js menus
and they all seem to look pretty ugly).

Any help appreciated.

Phil H

Has anyone have any experience of doing this ?

I want a small menu on each row with a few options, I have tried it and
it seems to work great at first but after clicking on a menu item and
handling that event you get some weird display artifacts, when you hover
your mouse over them all the menus on the page in each row of the
gridview are fully expanded and overlapping each other.

I realise the asp menu control is meant for site navigation, does anyone
have any ideas of how to achieve what I am after ? (to make it harder
try and avoid javascript, there are many examples of dynamic js menus
and they all seem to look pretty ugly).

Any help appreciated.

I'm afraid what you are asking doesn't make much sense. What is the
menu control suppose to do? Remember a GridView control can only
ammend (update) one row at a time. That row has to be in edit mode
with a different template applied to it.

PJ on Development

Hi Eps,

The problem with the Menu control is that the default implementation
renders the control as a TABLE, which works fine when you put it on
its own, but when used in combination wtih other controls it tends to
mess things up.

I don't recall exactly where I saw, but search about Control Adapters
that would render the MenuControl as UL, instead of a TABLE. This way,
with some clever CSS< you can achieve your desired result.

Regards,

Paulo Santos
http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com

eps

Phil said:
I'm afraid what you are asking doesn't make much sense. What is the
menu control suppose to do? Remember a GridView control can only
ammend (update) one row at a time. That row has to be in edit mode
with a different template applied to it.

The choices on the menu control do not need to be able to ammend the
gridview.