    Any help appreciated.

    --
    Eps

    Eps, Nov 13, 2007

  2. Eps

    Phil H Guest

    On 13 Nov, 18:56, Eps <> wrote:
    > Has anyone have any experience of doing this ?
    >
    > I want a small menu on each row with a few options, I have tried it and
    > it seems to work great at first but after clicking on a menu item and
    > handling that event you get some weird display artifacts, when you hover
    > your mouse over them all the menus on the page in each row of the
    > gridview are fully expanded and overlapping each other.
    >
    > I realise the asp menu control is meant for site navigation, does anyone
    > have any ideas of how to achieve what I am after ? (to make it harder
    > try and avoid javascript, there are many examples of dynamic js menus
    > and they all seem to look pretty ugly).
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Eps

    I'm afraid what you are asking doesn't make much sense. What is the
    menu control suppose to do? Remember a GridView control can only
    ammend (update) one row at a time. That row has to be in edit mode
    with a different template applied to it.

    Phil H, Nov 17, 2007

  3. Hi Eps,

    The problem with the Menu control is that the default implementation
    renders the control as a TABLE, which works fine when you put it on
    its own, but when used in combination wtih other controls it tends to
    mess things up.

    I don't recall exactly where I saw, but search about Control Adapters
    that would render the MenuControl as UL, instead of a TABLE. This way,
    with some clever CSS< you can achieve your desired result.

    Regards,

    Paulo Santos
    http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com

    PJ on Development, Nov 19, 2007
  4. Eps

    eps Guest

    Phil H wrote:

    > I'm afraid what you are asking doesn't make much sense. What is the
    > menu control suppose to do? Remember a GridView control can only
    > ammend (update) one row at a time. That row has to be in edit mode
    > with a different template applied to it.

    The choices on the menu control do not need to be able to ammend the
    gridview.

    --
    Eps

    eps, Nov 20, 2007