    don't know how to do the links. This will override the MIME settings for
    the browser.

    Any help will be appreciated

    MrC, Sep 11, 2004

  2. MrC

    Kris Guest

    In article
    <esq0d.294186$>,
    MrC <> wrote:

    > I want to set up a page where there are 4 links to multimedia files.
    > When you click on a link an embedded Microsoft MediaPlayer will play the
    > file for that link. I already know how to embed the mediaplayer but
    > don't know how to do the links. This will override the MIME settings for
    > the browser.

    You need to link to the page that has the file embedded.

    Someone is going to come in here soon and tell you why that is bad.
    Listen to him.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Sep 11, 2004

  3. MrC

    MrC Guest

    The files aren't embedded, the mediaplayer is.....

    MrC, Sep 11, 2004
  4. MrC

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <GjA0d.6$>,
    says...
    > The files aren't embedded, the mediaplayer is.....

    Actually unless you have a normal link to the file, they are considered
    embedded.

    But...

    Using Javascript you can run the embedded player. Stop, start, load new
    media, the whole shebang. Search MSDN for media player properties.

    There are some caveats though, that being, it will not work for some
    people, anywhere from 7%-15% depending on who you ask.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free

    WebcastMaker, Sep 11, 2004
  5. MrC

    Spartanicus Guest

    MrC <> wrote:

    >I want to set up a page where there are 4 links to multimedia files.
    >When you click on a link an embedded Microsoft MediaPlayer will play the
    >file for that link.

    1) Leave the choice of media player to the user, ideally by using a file
    format which is not proprietary.

    2) Don't embed, it won't work for a significant number of users:
    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Sep 12, 2004