Migrate a Tomcat app to JBoss

IchBin

Hello all,

Sorry, I have posted this to the comp.lang.java.softwaretools newsgroup
but no response so far.

This is a general question and I am not familiar with the Tomcat running
under JBoss but let me ask it. I am running JBoss 4.0.2 off port 8080
and I have Tomcat running my website off of port 80 at
weconsultants.servebeer.com

I want to migrate my website from my Tomcat 5.5.9 version to JBoss's
embedded Tomcat server. I have no clue how to do this. I can't seem to
find the instruction on how to go about this process. When I look at the
JBoss directory structure it looks alien to me and looks nothing like
Tomcat's directory layout.

Any help or direction would be appreciated..

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

' If there is one, Knowledge is the "Fountain of Youth"'
-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Raymond DeCampo

IchBin said:
Hello all,

Sorry, I have posted this to the comp.lang.java.softwaretools newsgroup
but no response so far.

This is a general question and I am not familiar with the Tomcat running
under JBoss but let me ask it. I am running JBoss 4.0.2 off port 8080
and I have Tomcat running my website off of port 80 at
weconsultants.servebeer.com

I want to migrate my website from my Tomcat 5.5.9 version to JBoss's
embedded Tomcat server. I have no clue how to do this. I can't seem to
find the instruction on how to go about this process. When I look at the
JBoss directory structure it looks alien to me and looks nothing like
Tomcat's directory layout.

Any help or direction would be appreciated..

If your application can be built into a WAR file, then just place the
WAR file under jboss/servers/default/deploy directory.

If you depend on external resources, like data sources. as well you will
have to investigate how to configure them in JBoss.

Ray

IchBin

Raymond said:
If your application can be built into a WAR file, then just place the
WAR file under jboss/servers/default/deploy directory.

If you depend on external resources, like data sources. as well you will
have to investigate how to configure them in JBoss.

Ray

Thank you so much, Ray..

I found an article for 'Manually Creating a Simple Web ARchive (WAR)
File' at http://access1.sun.com/techarticles/simple.WAR.html

The base website is not my invention but based on a free product called
XMLPortal from http://www.xmlportal.net/.

I will try this and hopefully I can get it to work. I do have a database
but that is within the app subdirectory structure. The structure being...

Tomcat5.5\webapps\JHackerAppManager
<DIR> admin
<DIR> applies
<DIR> articles